The Hartford’s Claims IT team is seeking a highly motivated Tech Lead in our Windsor, CT office for office for a high profile, complex and critical invest program. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills, proficiency in managing matrix technical teams, technical acumen, experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision. Candidates must have competency in multiple technical solutions, including Java, workflow orchestration (Pega or Content Navigator), integration services. Prior experience in implementing Natural Language processing, Capture/OCR technologies is preferred. Candidate must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions (communication with non-technical team members is as essential as communicating with technical team members). They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build strong relationships, actively participate in team work and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business Responsibilities of the position include: Technical Leadership
- Oversee technical deliverables in Scrum Teams including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- Oversee technical deliverables, coaching and mentoring of junior developers and provide technical leadership for same; enforcing development guidelines and best practices
- Provide technical leadership by enforcing the vision of the application architecture and safeguarding the integrity of the application environment in alliance with architects and other tech leads.
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs and systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization.
- Contribute to and promote teamwork in a multi-vendor environment developing complex multi-layered enterprise applications.
- Conduct code reviews and perform code migrations.
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and are consistent with the architectural vision.
- Develop code that conforms to The Hartford coding standards and industry best practices.
- Work closely with development team, BA’s, App managers, QA test leads and architects using Agile methodology
- Debug and troubleshoot defects.
- Develop technical documentation for various project deliverables and phases.
- Provide innovative ideas and process optimization solutions
- Function as subject matter expert and advocate for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth in their knowledge of the business, technologies, applications, integration and interfaces.
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact maintenance releaseschedules and/or financials.
Cross Functional Interaction
- Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners.
- Facilitate continuity between vendor and HIG partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture.
- Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
- Identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership in the operational application support areas.
- Support and consult on disaster recovery and reverse demand planning and testing.
- Participate in reviews of architectural designs, requirements and test cases.
- Assist in performance analysis along with application reporting and monitoring.
- Prior experience as technical lead accountable for delivering and maintaining complex technical solutions.
- Experience in Workflow orchestration & integration development
- Experience preferred in implementing NLP & OCR Technologies
- High level of independence but also able to work as a team player.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE applications.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies.
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Ability to conduct effective code reviews.
- Hands-on experience, working knowledge and strong technical skills in the following technologies:
- Two or more years’ experience designing and supporting implementation of NLP & OCR Technologies with a strong background in workflow orchestration
- Two or more years’ experience in Spring Batch Framework.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing and supporting packaged Vendor products.
- Application Server, Weblogic, JBoss.
- SOAP/Restful Web Services, XML and XSD.
- Database technologies such as Oracle, ORM.
- Integration with Web Content Management tools such as FatWire.
- Source Code version tools such as Apache Subversion.