At Achievers, our software delivers a powerful new way for companies to engage, align, and recognize employees enabling remarkable business success. Every day.
We hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit and want to Change the Way the World Works. As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and L.O.V.E. our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
Why work with us?
- We’re a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
- We believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change
- We’re committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
- We value team work, learning from failure and innovation.
Why we’d want to work with you?
- You have an undying passion for building world-class software
- You are an inspiring leader and believe in coaching and serving your teams
- You have experience supporting agile teams and are familiar with Scrum and Kanban
- You’re positive thinking, solution focused and find opportunities instead of problems
- You have superb technical chops, but you’re always striving to improve
- You believe software should be just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside
- You are willing to hustle, get in the weeds and will not rest until the job is done.
What you’ll do
- Coach and Mentor a team of software developers with varying experience levels
- Engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features for the Achievers platform
- Hands-on with our codebase and deeply involved in code reviews
- Use the right tool for the job; we love moderntechnology and use things like Composer, Backbone, React, Redux, Webpack, Vagrant, RabbitMQ, and more
- Make every millisecond of response time count by architecting highly available, great performing, and super secure software that scales to millions of people
- Build, maintain and optimize data pipelines; assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Build platform analytics that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business metrics
- Stay on top of the latest developments in data architecture and data engineering; recommend and help the company adopt new techniques that add value to our products and processes
- Have a chance to ship code daily—yes, daily
Do you have what it takes? What we’re looking for
- Sc. or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of relevant development experience
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Passion for performance profiling and benchmarking
- Comfortable in a UNIX / Linux environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Databasetechnologies (primarily MySQL)
- Web frameworks and PHP or other server-side language such as Python, Ruby, Java
- Confident in object modeling and OOP concepts
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes