As a Technical Lab Program Manager, you are accountable for overseeing the program development and execution of the lab deployment services to support Real Estate and Workplace Services' (REWS) missions.
You will be comfortable working in a matrixed organization, building relationships in difficult situations, getting buy-in and consensus from colleagues with diverse opinions, driving decision making where trade-offs are required and keeping information circulating so that REWS can grow coherently as Google expands. Additionally, you will be an effective collaborator and enable Googlers team members and vendor partner teams to work coherently.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally.
We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Foster a governance model with the lab managers of various product areas (PA) across the Bay Area real estate portfolio in support of their changing needs.
- Create and maintain lab standards to ensure delivery consistency, operational efficiency and redeployment flexibility.
- Collaborate with the construction project teams and attend Owner Architect Contractor (OAC) meetings to ensure all labs are built to meet our delivery standards and to meet the needs of the business. Partner with other REWS Programs and Development (Devco) and timely inform them of key elements and updates of the lab program.
- Manage an overall lab strategy to include a lab “Plan of Record” to inform future investments. Create reporting and tools in partnership with all PA lab managers that inform the business and provide successful outcomes.
- Partner with the lab users, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and Facilities Operations to create and implement an inspection program to ensure compliance with all codes and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in combined facility critical operations management and service with an emphasis on facilities, construction or corporate services within an organization.
- 5 years of experience in mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP), design or operations engineering.
- Master’s degree.
- Certifications related to the industry.
- Ability to project and program manage at scale and across complex businesses with high level of execution and quality.
- Ability to bring creative, non-standard and innovative solutions to the table that help to enhance organizational functions and enable team productivity.