Technical Interlock - Observability
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Role
Do you thrive on seeing customers happy? Do you possess the ability to develop processes and technical pre-sales skills needed to deliver positive outcomes in the area of IT Analytics, Observability & DevOps? If so, and you're passionate about owning the overall success of our IT and Observability Consulting Engineer and Architect team globally, then this role may be for you.
The Technical Interlock role works alongside the wider Sales and Sales Engineering Leadership teams and various IT and Observability Market stakeholders, including the AVP of Observability Markets Customer Success, and the GVP Global IT/Observability Markets Specialization, to ensure SE/CSE and Observability Sales Engineer technical readiness, strategies, and field execution is consistently aligned with our customer needs and corporate strategy.
You will be the main consultative resource guiding the ITOA/Observability CSE teams, ensuring accountability and execution for pre-sales across the Sales Engineering organization. You will drive performance across our global Observability Consulting Sales Engineer and Architects team by aligning this team with our Corporate, Sales, Enablement, and Observability and IT Markets Group Strategies. In this critical role, you will ensure the Sales Engineering organization is enabled and delivering technical solutioning to customers, continually monitor and growing CSE expert skills, development, and performance, while driving customer success and providing critical technology feedback into the factory when areas for improvement become apparent. Responsibilities
- As an integral part of the Sales Engineering leadership team, you will be accountable for successful technical interlock and execution for Splunk's pre-sales field team in the IT/Observability/DevOps Domains.
- Owns prioritization, strategy, performance, and development of the Observability Markets Group practice across the Sales Engineering org.
- Partners with the IT and Observability Market Group Customer Success Leaders, IT and Observability Strategists, Field PMs, and Technical Enablement teams to drive continuous field improvement.
- Ensure the Observability Sales Engineer engagement model is performing optimally in support of the IT and Observability Markets Group priorities and Sales targets.
- Define and iterate processes and procedures for developing economies of scale across the global Consulting Sales Engineer team.
- Lead the effort to build high impact communications and collateral delivering scalable success.
- Ensure IT/Observability/DevOps Domain Market expertise and capability across SE (technical readiness), providing recommendations to leadership on resourcing, direction, and technical development to move the IT and Observability Consulting Engineering team forward.
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements while focusing on business value.
- Lead a matrixed team across Pre-Sales functions to achieve the aforementioned goals.
- Provide input into the Field PM organization to influence the technical priorities of our product roadmap.
- Define the path to success and influence others, in Customer Success, the IT and Observability Markets Group, and the Sales team to achieve and exceed their performance goals.
- 10+ years of Pre-Sales experience selling and/or delivering IT/Observability/DevOps solutions to customers globally.
- Firm understanding of pre-sales business priorities and practices in Sales Engineering with a strong preference given to those leading a specialized/overlay function
- Comfortable leading change, developing processes, implementing procedures and working cross-functionally to achieve desired outcomes.
- Although this role is strategic in nature, you need to have the ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done without explicit direction.
- Experience leading technical experts and influencing pre-sales leadership.
- Ability to work across the Pre-Sales organization in a positive and effective manner to drive IT Markets Group execution.
- Proven experience developing and enabling engagement plans and achieving outcomes (right people, right goal, right numbers).
- Willing to work as part of a diverse team, taking mentorship from multiple partners to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to travel 50% globally (more during peak times)
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business or substantial relevant on the job experience. MBA/MS a strong plus.
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the "Best Places to Work" 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn's "Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now"
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World's Best Employers
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.