- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing technical workflows for physical installations in theme parks, museum exhibits, retail environments, the performing arts, or a similar environment, including coordinating multidisciplinary teams of engineers, designers, integrators, producers, and business stakeholders.
- Experience in audio and DSP systems (e.g., QSC and Q-SYS) and projection and media playback systems such as Picturall.
- Experience in IT, networking hardware, computer platforms, provisioning, shell scripting, and remote support(e.g., SSH, SCP, VNC).
- Experience in architectural and theatrical lighting and control systems including ETC Mosaic, Paradigm, or Crestron.
- Ability to communicate technical topics/challenges clearly with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective project management, influencing and communication/stakeholder management skills.
About the job
As a Technical Integration Lead, you'll play a key role in the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of a portfolio of Experience Studio’s physical spaces and interactive exhibits. In this role you will be providing strategic solutions for standardizing technology, technical documentation, and technical support models across the portfolio. In addition to this, you will be in charge of ensuring the highest show quality of complex multidisciplinary projects where you will leverage your experience in AV/hardware, controls, software, and network to drive optimal integration solutions across all technical disciplines.
Experience Studio is a team of designers, producers, engineers, and business thinkers whose mission is to inspire Google’s customers through the creation of interactive spaces and exhibits. Our job is to design and deliver engaging physical experiences that tell Google’s story, make Google’s magic more apparent, and communicate Google’s ability to grow customers’ businesses into the digital age and guide their brands into the future. Experience Studio is part of gTech, a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them tolife. Our teams of solution-oriented trusted advisors support millions of customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
- Drive supportability and scalability of technology in spaces and interactive exhibits by setting technology and service design standards and by ensuring that the standards are implemented by internal teams and vendors (e.g. through documentation, training etc.).
- Act as a Technical Director on interactive exhibits and design/build projects by leading an interdisciplinary team across av, control, hardware, network and engineering workstreams in order to design, test and commission optimal technical integration solutions.
- Manage all technical aspects of engagement with vendors, including interviewing and determining technical capabilities, dividing scope, developing standards, maintaining schedules, and ensuring a successful installation.
- Oversee all design/build and new exhibit projects with internal engineers, including dividing scope, developing tests for integration between vendor and internal code, and maintaining schedules.
- Build relationships with technical Google partners, such as AVEng, NetOps, engineers and Technical teams throughout Google to devise technical standards and secure approvals for use.