For over 30 years, Gilead has built a culture of excellence. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. Kite, a leader in engineered T cell therapy, sits within Gilead, changing the way we fight cancer.
Together we deliver life-saving therapies to people in need.
With the dedication you bring to the workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Your career growth is important to us, we will celebrate your successes and value your contributions. Your voice represents Gilead, and you are fundamental to our success. Here at Gilead, we inspire your diverse perspectives through our inclusive environment. What impact do you want to make on the world? You Matter - Being Here Matters.
- Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the IT portfolio and roadmap adhere to Gilead’s guiding principles, standards, and design patterns
- Recommend additional principles, standards, and design patterns as needed to support Gilead’s future-state architecture vision
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture peers, IT staff and business partners to design and oversee activities related to solution architecture future states – including reference architectures, guiding principles, support models, security and compliance
- Work closely with the Gilead’s IT Project Management Office to support application architects during project planning to ensure Gilead IT projects are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture, and company strategy
- Participate in developing actionable roadmaps for the evolution of Gilead application portfolio solutions from current to future state and provide technical oversight during execution of projects
- Act as a trusted advisor to Gilead executives and senior managers
- Provide executive-level presentations communicating the business value Gilead’s information technology strategy
- Host technology and knowledge sharing forums to educate the organization on technology usage, trends, and standards
- Translate desired future-state business capabilities into technical architecture requirements
- Stay abreast of changes in IT policies and processes which may impact Gilead’s progression toward business objectives and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Assist in estimating the cost/benefit of new technologies, to include both financial and technical impact
- Facilitate the assessment and selection of software product solutions, standards and services that complement the Gilead enterprise technical architecture
- Provides technical direction to delivery teams on key transition and transformation initiatives
- 15+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience or 10+ years of relevant experience, with a M.S. in a related field
- In-depth experience in system architecture
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influence skills
- Ability to break down complex problems so that other groups and users can understand and action
- Quickly grasp the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes
- Ability to estimate the impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile DevOps is preferred
- Experience in life sciences or pharma industry preferred
- Prior experience architecting and delivering technical architecture for large enterprise implementations such as EBS, PLM, MES, MDM, ServiceNow, CRM and Workday
- Knowledge of enterprise technical domains (cloud, mobile, APIs, application development, integration and data management) with in-depth knowledge of at least two areas
- Technical skill and experience with application development, data management, integration and API management
- Experience implementing GxP qualification strategies on public cloud platforms