Experienced engineer responsible for configuration of technical computer programs of moderate to advanced complexity.
- Create computer programs for multi-valve steam turbines.
- Configure solutions based on aerodynamic, thermodynamic and mechanical specifications and requirements.
- Increased responsibility for supervision of projects.
- Take a leadership role in the technical direction of junior engineers and the development of their skills.
- Contributes expertise to the analysis and development of solutions to varied projects.
- Medium-sized projects of moderate to advanced complexity.
- Significant portions of large projects.
- Design improved systems, methods and approaches using state-of-the-art software engineering.
- Preserve the integrity and accuracy of the programs while updating data and design methodology.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of assigned projects.
- Define engineering information requirements, develop efficient manageable data base systems and organize into modular data files for storage and retrieval.
- Perform documentation and maintenance of engineering computer programs.
- Deep knowledge of computer science principles.
- Develop algorithms from engineering equations.
- Mathematical analysis of complex engineering and non-technical problems.
- Experience with FORTRAN, Python, Matlab, Unix and other languages.
- BS degree in Computer Science preferred; Engineering, Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines with related experience will be considered.
- Minimum of three to five years’ programming experience, either through academia or work experience.
- Programming skills in FORTRAN/C++ is required; Unix or Linux preferred; experience with other languages such as Python, Matlab, VB6 or VB.NET a plus.
- Experience performing engineering programming and program maintenance (job experience or advanced degree project).
- Aerodynamic, thermodynamic, and mechanical backgrounds.