Are you looking for a rewarding position with an employer of choice? Do you have a background in engineering management? Do you have proven leadership skills and enjoy working in team environments? Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Technical Engineering Manager at the Penbryn, NJ plant.
The Penbryn plant produces fiber glass building insulation products and are adding 150+ people in production, maintenance, shipping and technical positions.
The plant is ideally situated in South Jersey, close to Philadelphia, and offers full-time employment with competitive pay and benefits. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
At Johns Manville, we are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive! We are passionate, we care about people, we perform, and we protect others and our environments. If these values align with your values too; you will find a position at Johns Manville to be one where you can grow, learn and thrive!
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction to the engineering and maintenance teams. Inspire high performance through priority setting and performance management.
- Manages maintenance activities and expense, capital budget, and Management of Change process (MOC) for the facility.
- Partners with Production Department to accommodate predictive maintenance activities, minimize downtime and scrap, and provide feedback regarding the status and availability of production equipment to the Production Superintendent.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with surveys, design, construction, modification, of equipment and machinery in plant.
- Identifies needs for major equipment repair and replacement, identifying opportunities for improvement in efficiency, costs, environmental stewardship and safety.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure consistent application of HR related policies and practices.
- Develops and implements preventive and predictive maintenance program(s) to JM standards to improve reliability and uptime.
- Tests and commissions newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Manages outside service contractors. Ensure contractor compliance with plant safety requirements.
- Travel as needed to accomplish above duties.
- Supports 24/7 operations.
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing and supervising manufacturing equipment, maintenance, and reliability equipment and department.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and maintain preventive maintenance programs.
- Solid knowledge and experience of predictive maintenance programs.
- Working knowledge of power transmission, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Working knowledge in electrical systems ranging from 110 to 13800 voltages.
- Demonstrated ability to manage capital projects.
- Knowledge and compliance experience with environmental regulations and OSHA compliance.
- Proven project management ability.
- Solid troubleshooting/problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal).
- Proven teambuilding skills including facilitation and team member participation.
- Experienced working in a union environment.
- Experience with glass manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of metals and fabrication.
- Basic understanding of water balancing, treatment, quality processes.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70E.
- Working knowledge of transformers.
- Working knowledge of control logics and PLC experience (Allen Bradley).
- Continuous improvement experience (Six Sigma, Lean or 5S).
- Working knowledge of CAD and/or other similar programs.
- Proficient user of SAP and other EAP systems.