An Interfaces Technical Engineer 3 works in a team environment and is responsible for customer incident resolution of interface issues. This includes problem analysis and correction, data correction, creation, testing, and implementation of custom extracts, creation of VSTS Bug incidents and creation of Knowledge Base Articles.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying application behavior where it differs from design specifications
- Utilize and maintain a knowledge base of issue resolutions
- Triage work routed to the Interfaces Development Team
- Answer questions regarding the triaged work
- Keep the team aware of problem trends through analysis and reporting
- Reproduce and troubleshoot issues
- Resolve customer issues through data corrections
- Effectively work with both internal groups and external customers
- Act as a technical support buffer for the development teams
- Train and assist more junior TE's
- Resolve customers' problems through bug fixes
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business preferred. Equivalent experience also considered.
- General knowledge of standard software development processes and lifecycles.
- Proficiency with T-SQL querying/programming required
- Understanding of ITIL methodology a plus
- Knowledge of HCHB system required
- Familiarity with SSRS a plus
- Eagerness for learning
- Proficient at analyzing data
- Problem solving capabilities a must
- Teamwork and ability to work effectively with others a must
- Software development fundamentals
- Understanding of software development processes; knowledge of Agile a plus
- Ability to work with low supervision
- Practical experience with Service Desk software
- Ability and willingness to research functionality and design considerations
- Healthcare software experience is a plus
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
- 3 to 6 years' experience
- Citizenship: HCHB requires all applicants to be US citizens or have a green card allowing them to work in the US without being subject to export control restrictions.
- This position does not provide sponsorship. All applicants should either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents eligible to work in the US without immigration restrictions.
On-Going Training Courses Required to be in the Role
- C#, Java and advanced SQL - Technical training available through online resources and / or books