Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? Then try TJX on for size. You’ll join a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support them by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that they bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
As a member of the TJX IT team the Technical Engineer II, will responsible for providing technical support to all areas of the TJX businesses, Stores, Support Office and Processing Centre. The Technical Engineer I will work with the TJX IT team to resolve problems and develop working relationships with internal stakeholders working collaboratively to define local solutions.
- Provides basic to medium complexity technology support activities including off-shift support. Performs routine to moderately complex technology engineering, administration and maintenance.
- Works closely with all IT Teams to solve basic to medium complexity technical incidents and problems and escalate when appropriate
- Partners with IT Teams on basic to medium complexity technology solutions.
- Performs simple to medium complexity technology changes and implementations.
- Participates in the Technology design process.
- Participates in disaster recovery design and execution.
- Works as a member of a project team on IT Projects.
- Analyzes potential changes and enhancements to software and hardware to determine impact on existing production systems, system design standards and operating procedures.
- Contributes to decisions making on strategies for support and technology solutions
- Moderate knowledge of hardware and software technologies and best practices
- Moderate knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Ability to analyze possible solutions to moderate complexity issues using standard procedures
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Commitment to strong customer service and accountability.
- Schedules appropriate vendors for all new and existing store installations.
- Create schedules and work interactively with vendors and end users to successfully roll out projects to the field within a specific time frame.
- Review and document project status meetings with team members on a regularly scheduled basis and provide updates in writing to the U.S such as Store Operations, TJX Technical Support, DCS and the TJX Network group regarding any projects.
- Identifies and advises of any scope / floor plan changes to modify the project plan / design plan.
- Responsible for contacting stores to create, maintain and update issues logs during project rollouts.
- Assist Sr. Project Analysts in project management, including PO process, equipment inventory, and roll-out scheduling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Math or equivalent related experience.
- 3 years of experience installing and building technology and providing operational support. Specific Technologyexperience with the latest technology
- Project support skills including preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects; identifying potential problems and creating contingency plans to avoid or alleviate potential issues from occurring.
- Presentation skills for project demonstrations and training.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets (for schedules and inventorydatabase) and e-mail, in Word, Excel and Lotus applications.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems such as Unix, Dos, Windows, linux.