Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
US and coalition military forces count on Viasat for secure satellite and wireless networking systems and services that deliver reliable, affordable communications beyond the reach of traditional wired networks. During the chaos of combat, war fighters need fast, secure communications and instant access to information. Viasat helps war fighters and commanders access and share trusted intel from any location to make better decisions faster. As the world's leading experts in high-capacity satellite communications, military-grade cyber security, and line-of-sight data links, we apply fearless innovation, unconventional thinking, and ingenuity to bring game-changing, life-saving capabilities to war fighters on the battlefield. No matter where the mission goes across air, land, or sea, Viasat keeps service members connected with real-time access to video, voice, and data communications.
- Focusing on technology across the business; Align technology roadmaps, product and system development plans, ensuring continuity between technology sectors across Viasat
- Look beyond stated requirements/specs to proactively suggest alternative technical solutions to meet market needs more efficiently & and work with customers/BD to identify gaps in the market/technology (differentiators)
- Actively participate in strategy development in cooperation with business development and business unit leadership
- Provide close Engineering Support to the BD Team and ensure Technology roadmaps are relevant and meet the strategic business development needs of the business
- Provide direct market facing support and advice to the Sales and BD Team
- Coordination across business units with other technical leaders to support efficient technical solutions
- Key technical contributor on bids and proposals including RFI responses
- Determine necessity and produce technical notes, white papers and proof of concepts
- Ensure systems integration processes are maintained and are fit for purpose, relevant and adhered to
- Build and maintain effective engineering relationships with current and new technology suppliers and vendors
- Remain current in all relevant emerging technologies and engineering practices. Ensure the Ground Broadband Services engineering team are also given the time and training to maintain relevant and emerging domain and sector knowledge without significantly disrupting operations
- Act as a mentor to engineering staff, creating coaching and professional development opportunities to enable a high performing, focused and inspired engineering team
- Influence technical decisions across Viasat
In addition, from time to time, you will be asked undertake other tasks and responsibilities not covered above in order to achieve project or corporate objectives.
- Flexible, self-motivated, adaptable, approachable and solution driven
- 10+ years being part of and/or leading high performance technical teams in complex Government and/or Commercial markets
- Experience in market analysis and competitive assessment
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral: Ability to communicate and convey solutions and technology at an appropriate technical level to a wide range of audiences from customers/markets to internal engineering and executive staff
- Exposure to complex, highly dynamic environments where the ability to learn quickly and contribute immediately
- Possess a mix of tactical execution and strategic thinking skills. Bias for action
- Strong system engineering and technology solution development experience in the telecommunications field
- Knowledge and experience in a broad set of design processes for hardware, firmware, software and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge and experience of telecommunication network architectures, systems and solutions
- Innovative and lateral approach to creating bespoke and commodity solutions to solve customer issues
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Must have, or be capable of obtaining security clearance
- Up to 25% travel
- Strong SATCOM experience in both commercial as well as government/military markets
- Technical Product Management Experience in both commercial as well as government/military markets
- In depth knowledge of key U.S. Government agencies and Operational Commands responsible for deployment of communications and networking technology to warfighters in all DoD services (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, others)
- Knowledge and experience working with foreign (non-U.S.) agencies responsible for deployment of communications and networking technologies for foreign coalition forces
Are you ready to start on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat? It only takes a few minutes to apply and we look forward to hearing from you. Are you ready to join an industry leader? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat. We look forward to hearing from you.
Years of experience:
8 plus years
Up to 25%