We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Are you interested in working with cutting edge, contemporary, technologies? If so, the Schwab Technology Services (STS) Technical Director, Information System Architect (Trading & Tools), Client ExperienceTechnology (CET) at Charles Schwab & Co Inc is a great opportunity for you to contribute to providing our clients innovative and secure investment tools. You will be a key individual in our mission to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity.
The STS Technical Director (Information System Architect) focuses on products that enable Schwab’s customers to learn, explore and make life-impacting financial decisions. We seek a self-driven individual possessing strong problem-solving skills that can contribute to a highly collaborative culture and a team environment. You will innovative and deliver value-based reliable solutions. Top candidates exhibit a proven track record of delivering architecture solutions for complex enterprise platforms, preferably in financial and wealth management firms. The successful candidate brings the ability to prioritize, execute and communicate clearly and assertively to the stakeholders.
The Technical Director, Information Systems Architect of Trading Client ExperienceTechnology (TCET) will report to the Vice President of TCET and is an individual contributor role. The Trading Client ExperienceTechnology (TCET) team at Charles Schwab is a leading-edge organization in terms of technical strategy and delivery. TCET is responsible for major retail end user products at Charles Schwab , StreetSmart Edge and StreetSmartCentral Dashboard.
What you’ll do:
The Technical Director, Information System Architect role at Schwab is more than a typical Application/System Architect role. You will be responsible for both designing and architecting applications, as well as, contributing to the implementation of strategy and direction provided by the STS organization. They also contribute towards organization and platform initiatives and goals as set by the leadership team. The Technical Director role is a senior level Architect, thought leader and influencer and operates as an individual contributor.
- Provide Architectural guidance and coordination across multiple projects and teams.
- Participate in Architecture reviews and make sure it aligns with the Schwab’s Architecture standards and guidance.
- Publish and present the architecture to high-level audience and also have the ability to detail at an implementation level.
- Provide hands-on guidance and expert level assistance to developers on technical issues.
- Should be able to identify risks or issues with technology solution and design; provide guidance in order to make good decisions proactively.
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, other Technical Directors, Functional Solution Architects and with business teams to design and architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards.
- Suggest alternative technical solutions, wherever applicable, to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to Architects/Technology leads to enable them to achieve their goals as per the respective technical career goals.
- Keep in touch with industry technical and business trends and track new/emerging technologies
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering discipline
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology, 8+ years in a Technical Architecture role
- Experience in architecting and implementing, end-to-end business solutions on Microsoft.NET platform and related technologies
- Demonstrated hands-on technical capability to work with development leads and teams in order to inspire and motivate teams to drive towards a better and elegant solution
- Experience in migrating and deploying web applications to Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) is a plus
- Knowledge of the Middleware, Messaging, CI &CD, Testing, Data and Access management and other common frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of protocols e.g. TCP/IP, Web Sockets, MQTT, AMQP is preferable.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Influencing Others
- Fostering Teamwork – Team Members
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life