Spectrum News Albanyis available on channels 1, 9 and 200 exclusively on Spectrum for customers in the New York State Capital region including Saratoga, Glen Falls and Pittsfield, MA. Spectrum News Albany serves the Capital District of eastern New York and Hudson Valley with 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week.
The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton, Buffalo, Rochester and New York City, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; in Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina; and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida.
The purpose of this position is to execute production of News programming utilizing various types of production equipment during live and recorded segments. Management reserves the right to add, change or revise this job description at any time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Direct and/or technical direct live and taped segments with direction from producer.
- Operate and maintain working knowledge of production equipment such as video switcher, character generator, remote controlled cameras, audio board, still store, computers, and various automation systems.
- Prioritize workload based on communication from producer or executive producer.
- Review final on-air product to assure high quality, notify producers of any potential editorial problems.
- Develop and document control room procedures.
- Communicate issues in a daily written report.
- Troubleshoot technical problems.
- Lead production team assigned for live or digitized newscast production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications or other related field is preferred or equivalent education/training/directing experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 year Technical Directing experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and maintain high levels of quality control for taped elements during production.
- Must have the abilities to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must work well under pressure.