Our Portfolio Management team (PCCT) is looking for a highly talented technologist to lead solution architecture for the Portfolio Management Platform. The team is in the process of expanding our product line. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab. What you are good at
You will be joining us as a Technical Director, Architect focused on providing architectural guidance and ensuring that the technical solutions are implemented in the right way across multiple projects and scrum teams. We are looking for someone who is curious and possesses excellent technical skills, ability to lead teams through technology challenges while driving towards the target enterprise architecture. Our teams are in the process of building the next generation of our Performance Management domain. This new solution needs to be highly scalable, flexible, and should have the capability to support a high volume of accounts. As a Technical Director, Architect you'll be expected to:
What you have
- Work closely with delivery managers, other solution architects, and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Understanding complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions.
- Be a hands-on technical architect who will lead the team from the front and be able to inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Lead the technical delivery across multiple scrum teams to ensure compliance to the target architecture.
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and produce technical requirements and design documents.
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and/or longer life.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Define, communicate, and enforce design/coding standards.
- Effectively collaborate with enterprise architecture, application architecture, reliability, and support.
- Participate in technical governance and design reviews.
- Publish and present architecture to technology leaders and business executives
- 10+ years of software development experience with at least 3 years focused on cloud technologies
- 5+ years of experience as an architect in building complex, resilient and highly scalable application and platform solutions
- Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major Cloud providers
- Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB are preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Technical professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability.
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the team from the front by stepping in and getting hands on with code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Linux / Windows data center environment.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Financial Industry experience (plus)