The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will be accountable for running the delivery engine within our Technology Operations (TechOps) domain in GapTech. High collaboration and partnership and ability to navigate and manage in a matrixed environment is key to this role. This role will interface with senior leaders and represent GapTech in driving strategic planning and execution of capabilities. The TPM will possess deep domain knowledge in Infrastructure and Shared Services.
Ideation & Portfolio Management
- Drive TechOps long range plans / roadmaps aligned to brand & business strategy
- Drive early phase explore activities to evaluate opportunities against roadmaps
- Drive solution definition, budget option and alternative analysis
- Faciliate vendor option analysis with Architects and Technology while partnering with Sourcing.
- Execute quarterly business reviews on subsequent quarterly commitments and retrospective on previous quarter.
- Facilitate sequencing and prioritization of demand against product team capacity.
- Drive management and delivery of technology roadmaps across TechOps.
- Drive product scrum team milestones against business outcomes
- Coordinate cross team dependencies to prevent bottlenecks and quick issue resolution
- Manage team internal and external interdependencies, resolving team level blockers and dependencies
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Surface issues and risks; escalate for resolution as appropriate
- Plan cutover and support activities for larger initiatives.
- Manage team of contractor and / or employee technical program managers and help formalize role, responsibilities and processes within GapTech.
- Facilitate sizing / estimation efforts.
- Partner with TM on capacity forecasting against roadmaps
- Represent actuals vs. estimates vs ETCs.
- Represent Total Cost of Ownership across TechOps product teams.
- Participate in monthly financial reviews and take action accordingly.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Agile methodology experience
- A minimum of 8 years of senior technical program management experience managing large scale technical initiatives with multiple stakeholders with majority within Infrastructure, Operations, and / or Shared Services.
- Good Infrastructure and operations acumen with ability to identify risks and issues and areas that require additional technical SME support.
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strength in driving for business outcomes and results
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
- Action/Decision Oriented mind set
- Team player in a highly matrixed environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Creative thinker, leveraging their prior expertise to solve problems in an innovative way
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.