BUSINESS UNIT INFORMATION
Loma Systems, an ITW Company, designs and manufactures inspection equipment to identify product defects and contaminants for the food industry. The company was established in the UK in the 1960’s, and today it is one of the leading global companies involved in food safety systems. Loma has over 400 employees worldwide with machines installed in over 100 countries. Loma has an impressive installation base, boasting 120,000 metal detector installations globally. Our people work across the world in a friendly, supportive work environment. Where a no politics culture means there is nothing to stop you reaching your full potential.
Responsible for leading and supporting all external and internal technical requirements of the Loma Systems product. Ensuring the equipment and system solutions provided by the company are at the highest level of performance, quality, and customer satisfaction. This will be achieved through the successful leadership, coordination, collaboration, and implementation of two-way (inside-out and outside-in) technical direction for the North America (U.S. and Canada) market.
- Demonstrate visible presence as the technical lead for Loma products in North America.
- Effectively carry out all managerial responsibilities including requirements pertaining to performance management, employee development, and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Drive continuous improvement through advancing the technical competency of Loma-NA employees, as well as quality and consistency of the processes and tools.
- Ensure optimal collaboration with partnered functions, including global resources (e.g. Engineering, Quality, Marketing).
- Take ownership in the pursuit of the technical advancement and commercial success of Loma products.
- Demonstrate an expert-level knowledge of Loma product, customer applications, and competitive technology. Develop and drive product strategy, focusing on differentiated system solutions.
- Leverage knowledge of the North America market to provide valuable input to Front-to-back analysis and potential new product development; act as Voice of Customer.
- As liaison with Group Technical and R&D teams, identify, collaborate and execute on product improvements, including new product introduction.
- Lead the technical team and partnered resources (e.g. Field Service, Sales) to successfully fulfil customer requirements.
- Represent Loma as the technology and application expert, as may be required, at Key accounts throughout the Sales and Aftermarket cycle to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Engage early in the sales cycle of significant application opportunities to drive and ensure successful system identification, design, and commissioning.
- In collaboration with global resources (e.g. Engineering, Quality), effectively lead the strike team in root cause analysis and resolution of Loma product application issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required
- Minimum 7years of previous experience in engineering or similar role required. Must have minimum 3years of previous supervisory experience
- Excellent leadership & interpersonal communication skills to lead direct and indirect personnel & cross-functional teams. Proven experience in training, coaching and developing personnel
- Familiar with standards such as The International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Compliance Regulations, European Conformity Regulations (CE), etc.
- Ability to embrace and implement company philosophy into their work
- High proficiency in the use of Excel, SharePoint and other Microsoft Office suites
- Experience within a capital equipment manufacturing organization
- Master’s degree in business or related area preferred
- Prior experience in an engineering or technology role at an ITW division a plus