IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Technical Director in our Denver office.
Responsible for ensuring that a technical solution that is consistent with the project design is developed and produced. Additionally, the Director of Technical Services updates and distributes the IA contract templates and technical manual firm-wide.
- Licensed Architect to oversee, sign and stamp local drawings.
- Technical review of all local construction documents.
- Ensures technical adherence to office firm-wide standards by developing and providing technical viewpoint on projects.
- Provides technical solutions to design dilemmas.
- Reviews CDs to ensure compliance with firm-wide standards, mechanical, building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Assists with updates to the IA technical manual.
- On larger projects, works with Project Manager for technical reviews and provides construction administration.
- On larger projects, coordinates engineering consultant’s work to ensure compliance with design solution and timely submission of documents.
- May be required to assist with support for field surveys and due diligence.
- Must have extensive code knowledge. Able to interpret the code and provide solutions that satisfy multiple parties.
- Manages the work of other Technical staff. Oversees tasks and provides feedback on work product.
- Mentor to other staff, assisting in detail development, one-on-one reviews of redlines, and staff technical development
- Able to assist with Revit production.
- Answer building code questions, both internally, and from the client.
- Reviews feedback from client interviews to determine technical requirements for the design and may attend some client interviews.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited architecture or design school.
- Architecture license required.
- 10+ years’ of commercial interior design projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive understanding of design intent and practices.
- Expert interior architectural detailing skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Comprehensive contract administration knowledge, including the proven ability to complete complex contract documents.
- Comprehensive knowledge of equipment and materials.
- Comprehensive understanding of space requirements
- Specification writing knowledge.
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills.
- Advanced Revit skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate in a thoughtful, patient, consistent, and clear manner.
- Good relationships with local jurisdictions.
- Proven ability to explain complex technical information to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject-matter expertise.
For the majority of the time the Project Architect will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.