The Technical Director is responsible for bringing technical solutions to our customers within the Pigments and Additive segments, supporting all laboratory technical service projects for the Plastics applications involving Dyes, Effect, Inorganic, Organic Pigments, Preparations and Additives by working in a collaborative manner withother technical specialist colleagues in the industry as well as across the organization. In addition, this position may take general direction/collaboration with Technical Specialists, and is responsible for equipment, overseeing ISO compliance and quality, and writing reports.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct color matches for color compounds used in plastic manufacturing applications with quality and efficiency
- Operate Extruder, molding machines and two roll mill
- Knowledge and proficiency with Extruders and Injection molding
- Conducts technical comparisons of Aakash products vs. competitive products in industry-specific application tests (proactive to determine value propositions and reactive in case of customer requests).
- Performs technical application tests of products for troubleshooting to derive product recommendations and/or formulation recommendations by using multiple product lines of the portfolio and for support of growth opportunities and recommendation of next steps.
- Performs quality control of Aakash Chemicals product range for plastic applications
- Complaint management (production and/or customer): Performs technical testing and assessment of individual products via application testing and other analysis, while providing others with respective results/analyses and recommendation of next steps.
- Supports Research & Development with application testing of new products and provides formulation support and recommendation of next steps, especially for products entering the commercialization phase.
- Stays current with trends, development and innovations in the Plastics industry and the relevant product lines
- Provides on-site customer support when in-depth productsupport and/or training is needed.
- Supports prioritization of technical projects and customer requests and assigns project resources.
- Supports harmonization of processes and reporting systems.
- Minimum of 5years of related industrialexperience in pigments, plastics processing, extrusion, injection molding, blow molding, TPU processing, engineeringplastics processing or film processing required
- BS in chemicalengineering, mechanicalengineering, plastics engineering, chemistry, polymer chemistry required
- In-depth education and training in Color with knowledge of resins, pigments, colorants, and additives.
- Prefer candidate that has experience using formulation software.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Strong laboratory skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects as well as directing others.
- Ability to identify R&D opportunities through interaction and knowledge of markets, industry, and customers, champion R&D pipeline filling.
- Manage complex project workload and Lab resources for projects required.
- Potential travel up to 20%
Job Type: Full-time
- pigments or plastics processing: 3years
- extrusion, injection molding or blow molding: 3years
- TPU processing, engineeringplastics processing or film proc: 3years