Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Electronic Arts, players come first. We are looking for the most talented and relentless game developers in the world to join us on our mission to bring the best mobile games in the world tomarket. Mobile games are increasingly important part of the industry and consequently vital to our future success. Our mobile organization is growing to meet this challenge – with studios around the planet and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, FIFA, Madden, NBA, Real Racing, SimCity, The Sims, and Plants vs. Zombies.
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Director to join our team in Seattle, Washington. Come work with us on a soon-to-be-announced AAA mobile strategy game using one of the world's top IPs.
As a Technical Director, you will drive technical planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build, launch, and support a AAA mobile game. You will lead the engineering component of the team and provide direction to senior technical leads. In this key leadership role, you will work closely with other product leaders and technical partners as the technical subject matter expert for the team. Technical Directors balance strategic and tactical direction to deliver and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations.
- Set project technical standards and policies, define high-level architecture, processes and tools, and technical budgets
- Accountable for the games technical design and implementation. Through production and support as a live service
- Monitor and troubleshoot live service issues.
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables meet commitments
- Improve team efficiency through identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions
- Identify and manage technical dependencies and risks
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners
- Implement and run release management for a live service
- Work as part of the product leadership team:
- Understand and help define the product vision and business needs
- Represent the project and team to stakeholders
- Balance technical, product, and business requirements with successful outcomes
- Empower and manage expectations for production & design
- Partner with Development Directors on development processes and projectplanning
- Conduct research necessary to achieve desired outcomes and evolve our technology
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of one of the following languages: C++/C#/Objective C
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Leadership experience developing and launching games or running a large-scale live service
- Solid knowledge of game application technology, spanning client, server and infrastructure
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with the following languages / technologies: Unity, Java, Python
- Expertise in iOS and Android platform development
- Prior experience with console/PC development
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience working with remote teams