Univision Communications is the premier Spanish language media company in the United States. The Fresno, CA. location is currently is seeking a Technical Director for our live newscasts and other station productions. This individual will be responsible for performing the Director and Technical Director functions with Production Video Switchers and/or manual "punch and call." As the technical leader, the Director will coordinate all aspects of the live daily newscasts alongside the News editorial staff and will develop and implement the best tools and practices to showcase the product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct and Technical Direct fast-paced newscasts and other station productions using a Sony MVS-6530 switcher to "punch and call."
- Record segments for shows, and edit, as needed.
- Set up the studio and control room environments for various productions, including audio and lighting.
- Lead the technical crew before, during and after productions and participate in crew development.
- Actively participate in the News "look" creation and new ideas for Newscast and show enhancements
- Shoot news stories and edit as assigned
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have working knowledge of the following: Production Video Switchers (Sony MVS-6000/7000 or equivalent), Non-linear Editing (Avid Newscutter, Velocity, or equivalent), and Newsroom Computer Systems (iNEWS or equivalent).
- Proficient with MAC and PC platforms, Adobe Creative software is a plus (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Applicants considered for this position must have the ability to work well in a deadline driven Live TV environment. Must also have the ability to remain flexible and adjust to changing and demanding work conditions.
- The Director must be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired but not required.
- Applicants must have the ability and flexibility to work a varied work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum two years, small to medium market television operations and production experience. Previous directing experience required.
- AA/BA/BS in Television Arts/Sciences desired, will consider work experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of general FCC rules and regulations highly desired.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (8) hours.
- Must be willing to work from office in Fresno, CA
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States