Req. ID: 118824
Technical Director, 3DXPoint Engineering
Do you have a broad background in Non-Volatile memory, have an insatiable desire to innovate, and thrive on approaching problem solving creatively for 3DXPoint based products. If so, you may be a great candidate for a Technical Director, 3DXPoint Engineering position in our growing 3DXPoint team. Responsibilities include gatheringand developing product requirements, specifications, architecture, performance models, and feature development as required to deliver products to market based on 3DXPoint technology. Success will be measured by the ability to establish strong engineering relationships with key customers, successful execution of product development through internal testing and joint Customer qualifications, and the ability to influence the competitive direction of Micron’s 3DXPoint products. Must be able to deal with ambiguity and operate with little direction to meet defined goals. Must be able to work with and through others to achieve goals and task completion.
Responsibilities also include:
3DXPoint System Solution Architecture and FW development: Lead 3DXPoint products concept validation, requirement definition, performance modelling, architecture, design & development.
System Level performance modeling: Application level performance assessment of new storage and memory hierarchies with Micron 3DXPoint and SSD devices,accounting for different OS and CPU variants and impact of new evolving interconnect topologies such as DDR5, PCIe, CCIX and Gen-Z.
Eco-system and customer orchestration:
You will be working in partnership with the Micron’s Hyperscale/Enterprise 3DXPoint customers and partners to gather requirements, develop specifications, architecture, PRDs, performance modelling based on 3DXP technology. Work closely with the cross functional/BU teams in technical engagements with lead customers. Conceptualize new product use cases with the Micron technology stack in partnership with key customers. Build eco-system traction for a forward leaning and aggressive vision for new Micron technologies leveraging concepts of application self-management and learning.
Successful Candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 10-15 years of storage industry experience with emphasis in system design and implementation.
- Thorough understanding of Computer and Memory subsystem architecture and its relationship to the platform ingredients: CPU, PCIe, DDR, caching, drivers, OS, firmware, etc.
- Good understanding of the FTL design and SSD FW development process
- Exceptional teamwork and leadership skills, the ability to pull together cross-functional teams to analyze issues and solve domain-spanning problems, making objective decisions.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate results, review with peers and influence technical direction.
- Experience in DRAM and with advanced memory systems.
- Effective oral and written communication with strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Expert planning and tracking skills, able to see big picture, well-organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management with respect to priorities and self-management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for bridging between scientific and business participants, for negotiating timelines and for effective collaboration.
- Strong verbal communication and expert in written communications.
- Effective delegation practices to maximize resources utilization
- Experience in ensuring effective, proactive and open communications, horizontally and vertically, in order to achieve transparency and clarity of program goals, progress and issues.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || NVE (Non-Volatile Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-RS1; Not Applicable ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Firmware, Product Development, Computer Science, Management, Engineering, Technology, Research