Technical Development Manager
Towne & Locke is seeking an experienced Technical Development Manager to join our client’s growing team in Norwalk, CT . This position offers $110, - $150, per year plus insurance benefits, 401K, paid time off etc.
- Excellent knowledge of lube additives, industrial lubricant formulations and customer requirements.
- Excellent technical skills in formulating and testing of specialty lubricants.
- Ability to interact well with customer s and with sales team and management
- Ability to provide innovating solutions to customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Excellent computer skills (Technical reports, data, presentations…)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS in Organic Chemistry
- 10-15years’ experience in developing, formulating and testing of additives, packages and specialty lubricants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new products including packages and synergistic blends of additives optimized to provide specific performance benefits in specialty lubricants.
- Manage team responsible for developing, testing and technical support of lube additives, blends and packages.
- Supervise performance testing and evaluations of additives, blends, packages and alkylates.
- Develop model formulations to highlight the performance benefits of additives, blends, packages and alkylates.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to support the selling of products to the lubricant market.
- Joint visits with sales staff to key accounts to help promote products.
- Provide technical support to customers to help them solve specific formulating problems and to achieve specific performance goals with the use of products.
- Technical presentations to target accounts and at conferences/trade shows.
- Provide technical assistance to sales team.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required.
Towne & Locke is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.