Position requires working independently in a fast-paced computing environment, responding to the needs of RRD clients for automated data processing, management and reporting. Work includes coding and building solutions that are in line to support our customer’s marketing and business strategy: validation, standardization, error detection, removal of extraneous data, calculation, reconciliation, information append, data mining, relational repositories, reporting and historical storage. The automation solution has the system intelligence to pass data and pdfs to SQL databases, customers, internal business units, offshore resources, external partners, production print and edelivery platforms.
Data may run within and across server platforms using tools commonly available in Windows and Mainframe environments. Workflow solutions may involve full, partial or no automation. Primary programming and automation tools include: WatchFTP, WatchDirectory, Windows Task Manager, SAS, ODS, XML, Group1, Mach1, CList, VeriMove/NCOA, Syncsort, IceTool, GDG, JCL, batch files, VB, VBA, Vedit, Tableau, SQL and FTP protocol.
- Work closely with the business analysts, sales and customers to analyze moderately complex business requirements. Prepare Visio Diagrams related to WD/WFTP automation.
- Design solutions for projects of medium scope and complexity. Including sizing the environment, system structure, connectivity to various servers and platforms, screens, files, reports, security and historical archive retrieval.
- Responsible for coding, testing, implementing and maintaining automated and scripted workflows
- Work closely with the Data Processing Analyst to incorporate modules related to list processing.
- Apply best practice programming principles to design and development in an effort to re-use code. Must be able to diagnose and problem solve with little to no guidance. Must be able to maintain otherdeveloper’s source code.
- Work closely with the print facilities to identify special QC record insertion, production reports or equipment control business rules.
- Participate in customer User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and make adjustments as necessary.
- Continuously seek new knowledge and make recommendations for client or internal process improvement. Actively participate in post-customer implementation reviews.
- Prepares sound time estimates for all phases of customer projects.
- Respond to client Process Change Requests (PCR) by scoping the change, provide cost estimate and perform risk assessment.
- Participate in customer meetings by phone or in person.
- Prepare system and source documentation for all projects assigned. Write operation documentation and perform handoff training.
- Provide operational support by monitoring system throughput, quality control and verifying deliverables have been sent.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelordegree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 3-5years of practical development/analyst work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable functional developer/analyst work experience.
- Moderate proficiency in the practical experience of data automation, scripting and platform/server connectivity is required.
- Conceptual knowledge of SQL and entity relationships.
- Functional knowledge of JCL and data processing is required.
- Functional knowledge of Group1 software is a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in SAS programming is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, Access and Visio.
- Requires very good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.