GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Technical Designer to join its team based in New York City! The Technical Desinger will oversee women's knits and woven category from line review to production by attending fittings, creating Tech packs, and communicating all information to factories.
GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Guess?, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Jessica Simpson, Vince Camuto, Ellen Tracy, Kensie, Ivanka Trump, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
- Create technical design packages to communicate overseas fit and construction.
- Organize and prioritize daily workload to maintain production calendar.
- Conduct fitting.
- Communicate with vendors regarding fit, specs, grading issues and construction via fit comments.
- Monitor and maintain fit, construction, workmanship for consistency within the brand across all factories.
- 4 Year college degree or BA: preferred with training in Technical Design.
- 10 Years in the apparel industry in technical design and/or pattern making.
- Must have live model fit experience.
- Must have knowledge of patternmaking.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).