Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as lead for Design/Build Contractor customer base, ensuring ABB products and solutions are specified and listed as preferred/acceptable manufacturer in base specifications and projects requiring technical support.
• Assist D/BCs with driving best value for their package around ABB product set for desired application.
• Lead product expert in disruptive innovation solutions utilizing ABB Ability solutions and products such as, but not limited to, ABB Ability EDCS and Smart Tool.
• Participate in planning efforts in conjunction with other ABB Sales and Business Development Managers in assigned territory, representing technical ideas, solutions, and recommendations as required.
• Identify and develop new EP business opportunities utilizing ABB's intellectual property, resources, product leadership and experience base in traditional and non-traditional markets.
• Direct, train, and motivate sales representatives by assisting them with complex product and systems applications. Train your immediate FES teams on system and product solutions.
• Develop business relationships with D/BCs management and executives as required, inform them of ABB's technological developments, new products and solutions. Assist them to resolve complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations.
• Act as ABB “forward observer” by reporting ABB product gaps, product opportunities, market trends, and market opportunities to ABB’s Sr. Management and ABB’s Product Management.
• Support TDM account managers and Reps with technical support as requested.
• Develop and deliver training classes to educate customers on technical industry topics and product specific solutions based on their pain points.
• Prepare or participate in comprehensive proposals that best positions ABB for success given product capabilities.
• Routinely identify and resolve technical and commercial conflicts and constraints.
• Assist with ABB legal team regarding quotation terms and conditions, including Liquidated Damages and deliverables.
• Promote ABB EP Services on every project to leverage orders and revenues from spare parts, commissioning, training, preventative maintenance contracts and engineering studies. Must work well within a team environment and possess excellent communication skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with minimum of 12 Years of experience with Electrical Distribution
Systems Design OR
• Master’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience with Electrical Distribution
• Knowledge and technical design skills for power systems relating to MV and LV switchgear, and overall one line electrical distribution systems products 10 years minimum experience
• Previous design and or operation of electrical power systems at major oil and gas companies, electric utilities, large industrial facilities required or EPC firms with 10 years minimum experience
• Knowledge of industry codes and standards; ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, NEMA, NFPA 70E, UL, Papers submitted and presented for industry groups would be a plus.
• 30% Travel as required