At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
We are seeking a Technical Delivery Manager to work in the DigitalTechnology Hub. The candidate will work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to lead a team of application developers through design, deliver new features and systems, launch them, and iterate to incrementally make them better. You will participate in the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex cross-functional team.
What you will be doing:
Extends awareness of risks associated with application development and potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation.
- Oversees the technical design, development and implementation of multiple digital development projects.
- Review code and suggest improvements or changes to align with Rogers best practices.
- Lead a team of application developers and assign development tasks as necessary
- Initiate and lead triage sessions to ensure quality deliverables
- Demonstrates strong business domain knowledge and ability to communicate technical problems and impacts into business language. The individual will be a strong advisor to our business partners and will have close interactions with them frequently.
What you bring:
- Fluently Bilingual - French/English
- 3+ years of experience as a team lead of software development technology experts
- 5+ years of experience in Agile and Waterfall development environment
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
- Strong understanding of entire development cycle, from concept to deployment and monitoring
- Telecom industry experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and negotiation skills with ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
Requisition ID: 117494