Cloud Enablement's Role is to enable IHS Markit to transition to the cloud by driving cloud capabilities, services and transparency to transform people, processes and technology. The delivery group within Cloud Enablement provide a consistent and complete view of the work Architecture & Engineering are undertaking. In addition, we provide oversight on selected key deliverable's and provide transparency beyond A&E as well as manage intake of work and guide it through to delivery across the multiple teams within A&E.
Reporting directly to the Head of Cloud Delivery (Director Level) they will be responsible for the successful delivery of multiple Delivery initiatives which may include but not be limited to: Projects, Solutions, Products and Services. Methods used will be from a spectrum of techniques from Agile to Waterfall. The Delivery Manager has responsibility for the full lifecycle (including definition, documentation and delivery) of medium to large-scale, high-impact multiple projects simultaneously, which are usually greater than six months in duration, comprising of a small to medium sized teams.
Duties & accountabilities
- The Principal Technical Delivery Manager will take responsibility for the end to end delivery of large Infrastructure projects as part of the Infrastructure transformation work stream/programme. They are expected to be able to plan, organize, define and manage the deployment of new Infrastructure, Products and Service into the IHS Markit physical and Cloud based estates, taking careful consideration of the nature of the business and the impact changes may have.
- The Principal Technical Delivery Manager will be expected to be able to work across a team of technical specialists across various platforms to ensure successful deliveries to time and quality with sound financial management.
- The Principal Technical Delivery Manager should ensure Project documentation is maintained throughout, reporting progress, issues and successes to the Head of Cloud Delivery, Infrastructure Management as well as Business Stakeholders. Close working relationships with the Architecture. Engineering, Operations and Production teams. They will also be expected to ensure acceptance of the new Infrastructure into Business as usual support.
- Responsible for managing all project lifecycle activities associated with delivering projects, frequently medium-term in length, impact multiple departments or offices and are medium in risk, scope and complexity.
- Accountable for managing the project lifecycle and budget in line with the industry best practices, consistently demonstrating sound judgement and ownership of the project process and ensuring that all deliverables are aligned with objectives and commensurate with our business profile.
- Lead, influence, motivate and manage diverse project teams across the EMEA organization, including representatives from a wide variety of departments to ensure timely delivery of required results with least possible impact on the IHS Markit's business and customers.
- Plan and drive completion of all project deliverables including the business case, requirements, project roadmap, budget, testing, deliverables implementation and handover into business as usual
- Identify and then judge when to escalate risks and issues and their associated mitigation plans to the Project Sponsor and appropriate committees (SteerCo) in order to prevent impact or additional risk.
- Achieve appropriate governance and transparency for the project so that the appropriate oversight is achieved.
- Ensure that all deliverables achieve compliance for the organization, meet the objectives of the project, are in line with best market practice and can withstand formal scrutiny.
- Recognize and rapidly adapt to ongoing change during the project. Document internal and external impacts including impact on existing policies and associated procedures, formulate and present suitable mitigation plans and ensure all updates are completed to impacted areas.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent ideally in a technical, scientific or numerate discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of recognized structured Project Methodology management approach: ideally being PMP / Prince 2 qualified.
- Experience in Agile – SCRUM.
- 6-10 years relevant work delivering successfully projects, Services or Products.
- 6-10 years project management experience delivering Infrastructure change in a commercial enterprise.
- Demonstrable track record of complex technical and product deliveries.
- Ideally ITIL V3 Foundation.
- Strong stakeholder and financial management.
- Working knowledge of the change management lifecycle and experience using change management tools such as ServiceNow, BMC remedy etc.
- Have experience of delivering Infrastructure projects with comprehensive knowledge across various Server Hardware, Operating systems, Network and Storage Infrastructures.
- Understand the high-level Business requirements and scope of the Infrastructure projects, working with the Technical Architects to develop and present solutions back to the business.
- With input from Technical and Solution Architects ensure business cases quantify potential business benefits.
- Work with the teams to ensure they consider the impact of, and are responsible for defining, training requirements, moreover manage the delivery of the training itself.
- Work with project sponsors to ensure the benefits identified in business cases have been updated throughout the project lifecycle, especially where changes have been made.
- Work with the business and Programme Lead, to ensure there are processes in place to track and measure business benefits (which were identified in the business case) following implementation of the project.
- Highly motivated and delivery focused, capable of delivering complex projects in a demanding environment.
- Excellent communication skills across technical and non-technical teams.
- Takes ownership of the problem domain.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow Innovators.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of team members and mentors where required.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results. Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
Maturity and Foresight Senior Stakeholder Management Communication / Presentation Skills - Written, verbal Conflict Management Skills
- Interpersonal Skills - Communicates complex concepts; anticipates potential objections and influences senior leaders to adopt a different point of view.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong meeting-facilitation skills.
- Strong project and time-management skills.
- Takes ownership of obstacles to resolution.
- Ability to motivate a team to continue to deliver when up against tight deadlines and complex problems.
- Respected leadership skills and a team player.
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Organized and punctual, and able to priorities according to business demand.