The Boeing Company is seeking a Technical Data Designer (Entry-Level) in Huntington Beach, CA. This position has the responsibility to analyze engineering hardware and software changes, determine the impact on the existing set of technical documentation, estimate the effort to properly document the engineering changes in the approved documentation, interface with cognizant engineers, and transform engineering data into usable manual changes.
- This individual would be responsible for assessing the impact of approved engineering changes upon the approved set of operations and maintenance technical manuals, document those changes using the customer’s technical manual change process, and guiding the changes through the customers technical manual change process.
- Timely delivery of technical manual changes in support of customer needs.
- Assessment of effort to document engineering changes.
Providing status to Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead regarding progress towards delivering technical manual changes.
- Develops multiple publication elements for all levels of maintenance for a fielded equipment minor system or multiple sub systems.
- Collects, researches and analyzes source data and validates source data based on predefined and developed assumptions.
- Estimates the impact of the proposal or changes to the publication elements.
- Travels for work 10% of the time.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in an engineering discipline(systems, software, electrical, mechanical)
- This position requires an individual with a solid technical background
- Engineering experience to include integration of technical impacts and plans across multiple functions or Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), as well as Acrobat Adobe Professional)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Arbortext
- Experience with military maintenance practices
- Experience reading, understanding, and interpreting basic engineering drawings and specifications
Typical Education/ Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.