The position is within the Information Security Identity and Access Management (IAM) team and will be responsible for supporting manager with executing audit, controls, metrics and reporting. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing IAM systems data and ensure the data reconciles across multiple systems.
- Support manager with Business unit engagement to evaluate, document and report IAM needs
- Reviews and maintains department documentation to ensure it reflects current processes and procedures
- Improves and/or automates existing processes
- Prepares or obtains user and system access reports and retains evidence of the data source
- Report status for quality-focused initiatives and future essential identity attributes
- Analyzes daily and monthly reports for discrepancies, corrections, and modifications, and follows up with the responsible individuals.
- Investigates, resolves and performs follow-up tasks on Identity issues and works towards timely resolution.
- Monitor data integrity issues and perform root cause analysis between interfacing systems if necessary (HR System, OIM, Sailpoint and Active Directory)
- Provide reporting of security controls and access for audits and exams as needed
- Perform user access reviews for management validation throughout the year.
- Enforce regulatory and compliance requirements
- Implement best practices, and address requirements related to project enhancement request. This includes analysis work for User Accounts, Access Request Management Processes, Terminations and tools
- Ensure principles for account reconciliation with respect to AD are consistently applied
- Perform data clean-up and extraction across multiple systems
- Bring together cross-function teams to resolve data issues and to provide service to data stakeholders
- Follow-up on data issues with the respective team (HR, IAM Ops Team and Local IT Team)
- Liaise with other reporting areas within UTC
- Performs other special projects as required by Management.
Required experience and skills:
- 5+ years of experience as data analyst with experience in analyzing large scale data in multiple sources desired
- Experience in managing IAM operations with people management skills
- Knowledge in scripting (SQL, access, excel) and data mapping
- Solid understanding of at least one IAM product and Active Directory
- Good understanding of IAM principles.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and presentation skills required.
- Experience with PowerPoint, and other Microsoft products such as Excel, required.
- Ability to prioritize work without management direction, and provide clear and documented status updates/metrics to management.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new concepts, capabilities or tools based on the needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems with minimal guidance.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with SOX compliance and related access controls a plus
Requires Bachelor's degree in computer science or related filed, or equivalent work experience