Basic Purpose Provides technical support to customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone and/or Internet. Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer. May travel to customer sites on occasion. Conveys customer feedback to product development staff. Posseses expert knowledge of operating environments and advanced knowledge of product functionality. Provides work leadership to less senior analyst. Operates without supervision. Typically reports to the Manager, Support Operations. Requires 10 to 14 years of product development, support or consulting experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Resolves clients' questions or problems over the telephone or Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements.
? Serves as technical lead on critical issues, coordinates the support activities of analysts from different teams demonstrating sound judgment and decision making while maintaining positive relations with team and customer.
• May be called upon to travel to customer sites, give training or presentations and manage customer critical situations.
• Keeps customer informed of how and when problems are resolved. • Involved in any additional follow up i.e. researching, testing and troubleshooting. Conveys customer feedback to product development staff.
• Assists in testing of new versions of operating systems, environments by loading new versions and verifying compatibility with products, reporting any anomalies to development.
• Participates in special projects providing support of new product installations and/or teach other Analysts installation procedures, features of operating systems, improvements to existing processes and procedures, improvements to existing processes and procedures, etc.
• Assists with Enhancement development by attending Design Walkthrough meetings and providing critical feedback to Product Development. Provides work leadership to less experienced Technical Support Analysts.
• Provides team mentoring and leadership, contributing to a positive team environment.
• Heavy involved with addressing escalated cases and/or assists team members with technical issues; provides guidance on problem resolution and shares technical knowledge. Promotes and maintains a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users and team.
• Foster teamwork and collaboration across all teams.
• Continuously strives to learn new versions of products, new products and operating environments and technologies.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding established customer satisfaction ratings and other KPIs.
• Identify possible improvements related to work processes or tools.
• Provides application support to clients as required.
• Contributes information to the Support knowledge base; reviews others content and advises on improvements..
• Manages workload effectively following Global Support procedures to ensure successful completion of tasks.
• Provides accurate accounting of work and time allocation.
Education, Knowledge and Skills
?Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science or has equivalent technical training and/or work experience to perform computer programming/application coding.