Your mission at Marqeta will be to serve as a trusted technical and payments advisor for Marqeta’s customers, digging in to provide solutions throughout the customer life cycle. You will lead the charge on initiatives such as presenting integration guides for on-boarding to new customers, leading internal voice of the customer sessions for critical solution challenges, or celebrating the launch of a key new product feature that you pushed forward.
You will be on the front line communicating directly with customers, but you will partner with groups across the organization. You will build expertise by learning from the Product and Technology teams who develop the platform and solutions. In return, you will deliver critical customer feedback to help shape the roadmap and refine our offerings.
- Know the tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta's technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge and credibility about what we bring to our customers. This includes sitting in on Product and Technology teams' regular meetings, and serving as a liaison and "voice of our customers" when engaging with those teams.
- Engage with customers: You loveworking with the customer (developers, product managers, engineers and even executives). Our revenue team will rely on you to ensure the key technical influencers at our customers and prospects deeply understand our technology, what makes it different and better than that of our competitors, and how to quickly get integrated and live.
- Provide solutions: You are empathetic, putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and delivering strong recommendations to solve their problem. You can zoom out to see the bigger picture, putting simple requests in context to highlight downstream impacts or “gotchas” before they occur.
- Share your wisdom: As you learn, you document your findings to train others and create standards that can be repeated across the team and organization.
- Spot trends: As you work with cross-functional teams and a diverse array of customers, you will have unparalleled insights on how Marqeta’s solution enables our customers, how it compares to our competition, and where we should build to remain on the cutting edge of the payments ecosystem.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role responsible for technical discussions in a sales engineering, implementation, or technical account management capacity
- Superior ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly (verbally & in writing), tailoring recommendations based on customer needs and evolving offerings
- Resourceful problem solver who proactively suggests improvements and challenges the status quo
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Experience in the B2B technology space, with a knack for understanding what makes businesses tick and what drives their growth
- Experience and/or enthusiasm coding to APIs
- Strong understanding of fintech (e.g. acquiring, networks, point-of-sale), bonus points for knowing payments, especially the issuing side
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Travel will be required 0-5%
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!