We are looking for an Instructional Designer/Content Developer to join our Education Services team to create world class content. This role will be responsible for designing and developing quality courses to ensure customers are proficient with Snowflake. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the content build from writing measurable learning objectives, completing instructional design including content and lab creation, to building assessments and instruction. This role will play a pivotal part in the overall enablement strategy at Snowflake supporting processes for content creation and distribution.
As a Technical Curriculum Developer at Snowflake, you will:
- Create world-class blended learning programs that include learning objectives, design, and deployment strategies that increase product adoption/usage
- Design develop, and occasionally deliver customer facing training content to help customers become self-sufficient within Snowflake
- Identify learning and development initiatives, design and develop course slides as well as learning aids (exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments) that will be used for a variety of delivery modes including On-Demand, Instructor-Led, Virtual, and Blended
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional key stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the needs of our partners, customers and employees
- Working with them to design slides, record videos, and develop hands on lab and quizzes
- Contribute to the design and development of new learning models and content design templates
- Lead analysis and learning strategy development activities to improve individual and organizational performance.
- 5+ years of industry experience in curriculum design and development for technical audiences
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in curriculum design/development
- Proven track record of designing, developing and delivering user-oriented training material
- Experience designing and developing content for technical certifications
- Familiarity with SQL required
- Professional experience leveraging e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar)Experienced using video editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Camtasia or similar)
- Experience leading large projects that include various departments
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, superior project management skills and highly organized
- Excellent communication, facilitation and persuasive skills, both written and verbal
- This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, develop and manage technical content projects.
- Proven track record of designing, developing and delivering user-oriented training material for data warehousing products across multiple delivery mediums (e-learning, virtual learning, live classes)
- Background in programming, data warehousing, systems architecture or database systems administration preferred