It's an exciting time to be part of IFF, we are looking for our next Technical Category Director (Non-Savory) to become part of our industry-leading team. Are you passionate about flavor innovation and do you have the desire to collaborate with a global team? As a Technical Category Director at IFF, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the some of the most exciting projects in the flavor industry today. Working in a collaborative team environment, IFF will be looking for you to drive innovation and creativity to assist our customers in enhancing existing product lines and in launching new cutting-edge product initiatives.
To be successful in this role you must have around 10 years of experience in the Flavor Industry within a creative function. A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science or related disciplines is required to be in this role.
As a Technical Category Director you will spend your time…
- Develop and execute Global/Regional technical strategy and provide leadership to the Sweet, Pharma, Oral (SPO) and Dairy/Beverage Category teams
- Partner with Category Marketing to ensure commercial implementation of proactive initiatives and technologies to attain business profitable growth goals.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to provide insightful partnership and leverage trusting relationships.
- Manage the category creative and applications team in the region to execute against the agreed category strategy and action plan.
- Lead and/or coordinate execution of category strategies and initiatives
- Keep stakeholders informed/updated on project status
- Engage management to justify and obtain appropriate project resource or expertise
- Involve interdisciplinary teams with category projects, including operations (key functions purchasing, QC/QA, planning and manufacturing)
- Coordinates and sets project (team) priorities to ensure timely execution
- Assure regulatory compliance and safety of new product introductions by working closely with Global Regulatory Affairs
- Provide support and address issues/concerns for commercializing new technologies with key category accounts
- Manage category team in the region directly to deliver against agreed plans.
- Interface with key global and regional category customers (marketing, sales, operations, quality, purchasing) to establish technical needs and technology development projects
- Execute talent management programs efficiently and effectively ensuring continuous professional development across regional category team to support overall business objectives.
- To develop (in conjunction with marketing and cascaded from global flavor strategy) the category technical strategy.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science or related disciplines
- Possesses good sensory smell and taste
- Recognized product knowledge expert/leadership
- Communication/Presentations Skill
- Sound Project Management Skill
- Experience managing direct reports
- Min. 12-15 years' experience in food, ingredient or flavor industry
- 5-10 years in the specific field of expertise
- 2 or 3 years exposure to multi-markets in the region
Dayton, New Jersey, United States