Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Lilly. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana. Responsibilities The purpose of the Nutritional Health TC role is to create demand and support sales by professionally promoting, differentiating technically, delivering and demonstrating the value of the Elanco Nutritional Health portfolio and related services to customers and the people who influence their product use decisions. The TC will guide the sales process for Nutritional Health solutions via collaboration with a broader team of Poultry Business Unit (PBU) account reps along with raising their level of competence for positioning the product and generating new opportunities. Additionally, the TC is accountable for delivering sales results by advancing new customer opportunities, aligning Elanco activities with account needs, and implementing agreed strategies and initiatives.
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
- Manage and influence customer/account decision making process via technical differentiation of Elanco Nutritional Health portfolio.
- Lead integration of Nutritional Health product positioning and key technical messaging within the PBU sales team.
- Proactively work to advance Nutritional Health customer opportunities through the sales funnel via matrix leadership of sales colleagues and influencing key customer decision makers on the value of the Elanco Nutritional Health portfolio.
- Apply technical mobilization strategies to account activities to enhance account team’s ability to execute effectively under dynamic circumstances.
- Deliver and transfer Key Technical Messages and published scientific information around Elanco Nutritional Health to key influencers / decision makers. Effectively respond to the Tech to Tech needs of existing and prospective Nutritional Health customers
- Identify and assess customer business and technical needs. Uncover customer’s solvable problems and opportunities. Align and incorporate the Nutritional Health product portfolio (products and services) as a part of the solution.
- Serve as a resource to the sales organization and other technical team members.
- Lead customer specific trials or analyses.
- Represent the “voice of the customer” to Elanco management and marketing.
- Develop educational and promotional technical materials for internal and external audiences.
- Represent Elanco via participation in professional organizations.
- Interface with other areas of Elanco’s business such as Global Nutritional Health, R&D, Elanco Knowledge Solutions and Custom Analytics.
- Masters Degree with 15years experience or PhD degree with 5 years experience in Poultry Nutrition
- 3 to 5 years successful sales to poultry industry.
- PhD in poultry nutrition preferred.
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal skills
- Documented Leadership Ability
- Entrepreneur mindset; strong business acumen.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with technical sales process
- Travel Percentage: 50-75%
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Specialist duties will require visiting customers across the United States and Canada (all regions)
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.