Summary/Scope of Position:
The Global Industry Technical Consultant (GITC) is responsible for enhancing the technical relationship between Rockwell Automation and Strategic / Non-Strategic Industry Accounts, in doing so, the commercial relationship will also be enhanced. The GITC will be the focal point for technical and project information flow so as to effectively coordinate the combined resources of Rockwell Automation sales, support and product groups on behalf of the customer. The GITC will apply knowledge of industry applications, technical skills, engineering methodologies, and life cycle support competencies to solve customer problems and create a significant competitive advantage for the customer. This position within the North America Industry Engagement Team will have responsibility for supporting the growth targets in the Heavy Industries.
Must be able to work in Milwaukee, WI OR open to any location in the United States
Work as a collaborative team member with Regional Industry Manager & Strategic Account Managers to co-plan and prioritize the activities which will generate greatest value for the customer and Rockwell Automation.
Work proactively with Regional Strategic and Non-Strategic Account Managers to make product and architectural recommendations. Examples would include technical suitability, cost/performance evaluation, technical trends, migration considerations, proof of concept, configuration testing, competitive analysis, and customer application assistance. Focus on industry and account development around the Industry growth initiatives identified in the AOP.
Drive product specifications and execution for identified EPC’s and OEM’s delivering on targeted End User programs.
Be the technical lead and domain expert for Connected Enterprise workshops and target customers. Develop the FT Analytics strategy and product portfolio for industry applications. Create Connected Enterprise best practice guidelines and success stories for Industry Applications in Heavy Industries.
Develop portfolio alignment strategies of Rockwell Automation products for target application solutions within the industry. Create requirements definitions based on voice of the customer for the Industry where solutions development is required. Support the Regional and Global Industry leaders on Business Strategy Review development to drive product and portfolio roadmap planning with the Business Units.
Responsible for regional project coordination. This would include: communications of technical implementation issues, project notification and tracking, OEM/SISP/SSB delivery coordination and customer support plan development.
Responsible for development of engineering standards, methods and guidelines related to the application of Rockwell Automation’s technologies.
Spearhead the exchange of best practices within Industry Accounts as well as internal Rockwell Automation.
Develop or contribute to development of collateral, customer presentations, demo’ requirements, application notes, etc.
Contributes Professional and Technical Expertise
Collaborates and Teams Effectively
Communicates Effectively, Comfortable with verbal presentations, Webex’s, etc
Adds Value for Customers and Partners
Demonstrates Business and Financial Acumen
Interaction with customer staff and plant locations within North America: interaction with the customers key supply chain partners (OEM’s, EPC’s, System Integrator’s, etc.) Communication and coordination of Rockwell Automation sales, support, and business units.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- BS in Engineering field or 4+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to work in Milwaukee, WI OR open to any location in the United States
- Minimum of eight (8) years related experience with recognized technical expertise in applying automation and/or information solutions for respective vertical industry.
- Minimum of 8years experience with technical salessupport, direct sales, or sales consultant is required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- The candidate should be familiar with customer centric selling or equivalent sales process for solution selling.
- Must also have proven commercial awareness and acumen.
- Strong application knowledge and demonstrated program management skills.
- Have advanced domain knowledge and experience in Mining, Metals, Cement, Aggregate applications.
- Be able to articulate to executive and technical audiences the value of Rockwell Automation product solutions, power systems, information systems and the associated industry standards and methodologies utilized in control systems.
- Have industry domain knowledge and expertise around smart machine concepts (Industry 4.0, IoT) in Heavy Industries and an understanding of the Rockwell Automation Connected Enterprise strategy.
- Have domain knowledge and expertise around machine Analytics Solutions in the industry and Rockwell Automation information software solutions.
- Have domain knowledge and expertise around power systems design and adherence to industry electrical standards. Strong knowledge of Rockwell Automation Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Packaged Power product portfolio.
- Have knowledge and experience with Industry Standards such as IEC 61850 to architect Rockwell Automation portfolio solutions that meet industry expectations.
- Have experience with project management, project lifecycle execution, and commissioning of control system projects.
- Have an understanding of managing and executing large scale corporate rollout control system applications in accordance with standards developed for that customer.