The Technical Consultant provides pre-sales services to both internal and external customers focusing on the implementation and deployment of Information Software offerings. The primary focus of the position is to support the IS Sales Team in working with our Customers on their Connected Enterprise Journeys in the area of machine learning and predictive analytics.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Software, Technical Consultants, this position primarily provides sales support to the Information Solutions Sales
Executives primarily within North America as well as other key customer engagements from other sales teams.
The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the company. In addition, strong commercial, product/service/solution and application skills are necessary. This position requires moderate to extensive travel primarily within North America, but could include some in our other global regions.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to RFIs and RFQs
- Work with Rockwell sales representatives on sales strategies, plans and execution
- Present qualitative and quantitative value of the proposed solutions
- Create custom presentations and documents that clearly state customer business problems and Rockwell solutions and benefits
- Communicate with customer IT representatives to understand customer IT infrastructure and policies and to present solutions that fit into customer IT environment
- Provide guidance to customers and implementers on ways to deploy proposed products including alternatives and their costs and benefits
- Work with deployment teams (internal or partners) on deployment strategies and specific proposals as needed
- Prepares technical materials, presentations and tools to improve sales force effectiveness.
- Evaluates products and provides feedback on product features and performance.
- Serves as technical expert for pre-sale customers and internal events.
- Develops product enhancements to be used by various delivery teams in order to either extend existing product functionality and/or to improve development efficiency.
- Serve as RA technical representative to industry associations and standards committees.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work.
- Is a self-sufficient knowledge worker.
- Receives guidelines and goals on new assignments and is expected to develop their own plan to achieve these goals.
- Ability to manage an ad-hoc team of individuals in order to meet a project goal.
- This position ideally will be worked from our offices in either: Milwaukee, Mayfield Heights, OH, Austin or San Jose. However, working remotely within the USA (except Alaska & Hawaii) is possible.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- 5+ years of product experience and application development in the Industrial Automation, MES, ERP, or Enterprise Software fields
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms using Spark ML/MLlib, TensorFlow, R and Notebooks like Zeppelin, Jupyter.
Data Science Cababilities in1or more of the following areas:
- Working Knowledge or experience of using modeling tools like Knime, Rapidminer, H2O, SAS etc.
- Experience in big data stores (in order of importance): Elastic, Cassandra, Hbase, Hive, HDFS, etc.
- Data engineering skills in using big data processing and streaming platforms Apache Spark and Apache Kafka, Hadoop. Other platforms will be helpful.
- Prior experience with data transformations, filtering, data aggregation is useful.
- In addition, this position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment
- Moderate to Heavy travel primarily in North America.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical field
- 2+ years pre-salesexperience (not helpdesk).