Our client is a global market leader in core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident and Health.
We help our customers care for the people they serve through the delivery of superior insurance technology. Our Mission is to be the 'global market leader of group and individual insurance technology on a single software platform'.
Our client’s people are customer-centric, team players and high achievers. Our environment is built on trust and collaboration, where we challenge positively, innovate and collaborate to deliver great results.
In the Position, you will:
- Involved in all aspects of agile project implementation including scoping studies, PI Planning, Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming:
- o Providing thought leadership to the customer on Performance, scalability and security, modularity, interoperability and upgradability
- Oversee the selection of the appropriate technologies (languages, middleware, cloud services, etc.) for the solution
- Involved in development of proof of concepts around solution components and playing a leadership role in the initial scoping studies.
- Leading and managing of technical consultants during the lifetime of an implementation
- • Work with peers within the client organization to ensure a successful delivery
- Manage the relationship with the customer’s senior technical leadership.
- • Support the deployment team that releases solutions in the cloud and on-premise
- • Manage the troubleshooting of the solutions
- • Works with Practice Leadership to identify additional services that could be offered to customer base.
- • Works with Practice Leadership to implement region wide changes to process.
- Manage the estimates around all technical aspects of a solution and Feature List backlog.
- Presenting to the senior leadership teams of the customer bases around our client’s services and offerings.
- Providing feedback and input into performance reviews
- Work closely with the Lead Business Consultant to plan and track any requirements handover
- Work closely with Solution Architects to ensure proper standards and customer needs are met
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics/ Statistics/ Sciences (or related) disciplines
- Proven leadership skills - within a virtual team environment
- Proven experience in managing large-scale software technical implementations
- Strong analysis, design & solutioning skills and able to provide sound direction
- Proven planning and tracking skills from project inception to transition using Microsoft Project
- Experience with managing resourcing using a third-party tool and being able to forecast resourcing needs with more senior leadership.
- Excellent documentation skills
• Strong negotiation and scope management skills
• Proven complex technical problem solving skills
• Proven project management skills
• Expert knowledge of specific technologies:
o Technologies: Java, including J2EE technologies such as JSP, JMS, JNDI, Cloud(AWS), AWS Services
o Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS
o Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
o Development Tools: Apache Ant, Maven, Junit, Eclipse, Subversion, Jenkins, Docker
• Experience using middleware and integration technologies such as SOAP/HTTP, REST, WebsphereMQ, SOA, AquaLogic (Oracle Service Bus)
• Willingness to take ownership of significant elements of an overall solution
• Experience of working remotely in a vendor environment on client sites
• Strong communication skills and proven ability to deliver without direct supervision
• Extensive Experienceworking within the insurance sector a distinct advantage