We are looking for Technical Consultant (Applied Machine Learning) for our client in Bay Area, CA
Job Title: Technical Consultant (Applied Machine Learning)
Job Location: Bay Area, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Apple's Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business.
- We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with multiple lines of business we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and unleash business value.
- We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers.
- The Applied Machine Learning Team is looking for an energetic senior software engineer to help us develop, improve, and expand our cutting edge platform to ensure that the performance of our machine learning environment is second-to-none.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Java.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HDFS, ORC and Presto
- Experience developing ETL solutions for clients in different domains dealing with various types of challenging data
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput applications.
- Extensive hands-on experience building solutions for large-scale data infrastructure
- Experience architecting distributed systems, concurrent programming, and coding data structures
- Excellent problem solving skills, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Understanding of JVM internals and garbage collection.
- Strong working knowledge of scriptinglanguages like Python.
- Understanding of query algorithms and optimization.
- Solid mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
- Strong data-driven thinking.