About the Role:See More
We are looking to hire a Technical Consultant, Advisory to serve as Program Manager for the Professional Services team in the Electronic Payments division. In this position you will be responsible for managing strategic internal initiatives that are critical to ensuring success for our team, our division, and our clients. You will align initiatives in the Professional Services organization with those of other organizations across Fiserv to ensure enterprise readiness in supporting new products like Fiserv Turnkey Service for Zelle. You will play a critical leadership role by serving as an issue escalation point internally and externally, and by managing executive level communications and interfacing with various teams and leaders throughout Fiserv. You will have responsibility for defining program level objectives, related measures, and ongoing tracking and reporting of results. You will also engage in strategic planning and support tactical execution plans in partnership with PS leadership.
About our Business:
Fiserv provides innovative, online financial applications for banks, credit unions and wealth management firms. With these applications, financial institutions can create compelling online & mobile offerings that attract customers, generate revenues and reduce costs. Our technology enables online bill payment, inter-institution money movement, person to person email payments, instant online account opening and funding and account aggregation for both retail end users and investment advisors. We support both fully hosted ASP applications and tightly integrated API implementations. These proven solutions are flexible, scalable and supported by extensive risk management capabilities.
Reports To: VP, Professional Services
Peers: Directors, Managers
Direct Reports: None
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Manage a wide range of strategic internal initiatives that are critical to our team, division, and clients' success.
o Formulate initiative approach, gain stakeholder alignment, and execute on the initiative roadmap.
o Define success criteria, ensure cross-BU alignment, and actively lead to expected outcomes.
o Implement appropriate "inspection" practices to continuously improve delivery quality and team efficiency.
o Maintain a holistic view of all initiatives, and track and report on key risks and mitigation activities.
o Communicate program information and status to executives and partners and provide oversight of the program related projects and tracks of work.
• Serve as Program Leader with accountability for managing Zelle initiatives across all channels.
o Partner closely with PS leaders and Portfolio Managers to provide program management support for our Zelle efforts.
o Identify people, process, and technology efficiency improvements for Zelle implementations.
o Oversee execution of our most critical Zelle improvement activities and ensure proper resource allocation.
o Oversee the VAR & BPS program activities to drive clarity, process discipline and expected results.
o Develop and maintain KPIs and a comprehensive Zelle dashboard to ensure that targeted objectives are being met.
o Assist in engaging key stakeholders across the enterprise in support of our Zelle improvement efforts.
• Work closely with PS leadership to accomplish the following:
o Execute against the Annual Operating Plan objectives.
o Develop execution plans to support business growth initiatives.
o Drive continuous improvement among our associates, our processes, and our business.
o Engage in cross-business unit collaboration to ensure client satisfaction and achieve business goals.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• 7+ years of previous program management or relevant consulting experience.
• A Bachelor's degree is required, with preference for business, marketing or engineering disciplines.
• Strong leadership presence with predisposition toward action, effecting change, and achieving results.
• Strong program management skills including overseeing multiple concurrent initiatives, risk assessments, program reporting, and handling escalations.
• Ability to work across organizations and teams to get work defined, prioritized and completed, including when there is little clarity and a lack of precedent.
• Above average financial and business acumen coupled with strong organizational skills.
• Courageous Leadership - Someone with proven abilities to analyze an organization, develop improvement plans, and build a motivated and successful team with conviction, urgency, and passion for excellence.
• Strategic Leadership - Someone that consistently provides quality recommendations for problems that might not be fully defined, by understanding and analyzing complex issues and facts.
• Client Focus - Someone who consistently demonstrates the ability to manage expectations and lead a team to get results while working with very demanding partners.
• Collaboration & Influencing - Someone who consistently demonstrates strong communication skills to effectively escalate and influence across different functions, business units, and leadership levels.
• Results Orientation - Someone who consistently demonstrates the ability to take ownership, resolve problems, and deliver positive outcomes with a strong sense of urgency.
• Payments processing experience, including real-time transaction processing.
• Working knowledge of Fiserv account processing, digital banking, mobile banking and payments products.
• Working knowledge of Zelle, including the various teams, products, Fiserv integrations, and EWS.
• Experience delivering software-based solutions to demanding, geographically diverse clients.
• Experience managing strategic initiatives in support of delivering new products and services to market.
• Experience leading matrixed, cross-functional teams, both internal and external to the company.
• Ability to lead and mentor associates across the team to achieve outstanding results.
• Exceptional communication skills, including ability to adapt style to different levels of leadership.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with matrix project team members, key stakeholders, clients, and external partners.
• Ability to proactively take ownership of issues, quickly align resources to resolve, and drive resolution with urgency.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Organization and time management skills:
o Operates independently with minimal guidance by management.
o Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis.
o Experience in meeting planning, facilitation, and public speaking.
Valid through: 2/2/2022