We are looking for a marketing expert to grow and engage a community of technical women. This role will be critical to our overall user growth strategy and will focus on acquiring new technical women (software engineers, data scientists, UX/UI designers, etc.). This role’s primary responsibility will be to create and manage paid and organic performance marketing campaigns in order to acquire and retain an audience of women with technical professional backgrounds. This role sits within the recruitment marketing team and will support our corporate clients’ performance expectations. The ideal candidate is analytical,data-driven and obsessed with A/B testing and optimization to reach user goals while managing budgets to achieve target user acquisition costs.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing an acquisition and retention strategy targeting professional technical women (software engineers, data scientists, UX/UI designers, technology consultants, etc.) across a variety of paid and organic channels, including ongoing engagement of users within the FGB Community
- Using strategies such as content marketing, virtual events, community activities and ads to execute cost-effective acquisition campaigns and establish company benchmarks for acquiring and retaining technical women; must feel comfortable creating campaigns from inception to execution, including impact analysis and marketing reports
- Using email marketing and other owned, onsite marketing tactics to test retention strategies and establish average user lifespan across this audience
- Support recruitment marketing efforts by owning marketing activities for multi-sponsor virtual career fairs
- Managing and optimizing a paid marketing budget
This is where the role begins. Since we are a new and fast-growing startup, it can go wherever you want to take it. We value your ideas and initiative.
What you’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of B2C performance, lifecycle or growth marketing experience, preferably at a company with a technical audience
- Expert knowledge of technical audience personas and preferences, with a proven track record of acquiring and retaining technical users
- Experience in programmatic advertising and multiple ad platforms like Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, and more
- Ability to own marketing campaigns from start to finish including creating creative assets, copywriting and measurement
- Data analysis as it relates to performance and achieving campaign objectives
- Robust experience with email marketing including advanced segmentation and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and organizational skills
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn and try new things
Nice to haves:
- Visual design experience
- Familiarity with Keywee, Sendgrid and Canva
- Relationships with groups like General Assembly, Women Who Code, Society of Women Engineers and other professional organizations or coding academies
- Unlimited PTO!
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance via Aetna
- 401k contributions through Slavic
- Commuter Benefits via WageWorks
- Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Equity Options for all employees!