This position will be responsible for managing and delivering on the complex sourcing and category management needs and requirements of the assigned brands. This position will also serve as the single point of contact for all project related needs, issues and initiatives for the category. This position collaborates with key personnel, leverages analytics and insights and builds customized category targets, strategies and tactics to achieve goals
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, analysis and insight needs associated with the development of category business plan
- Creates and delivers category analysis tools and identifies opportunities to enhance customer/category growth objectives.
- Deliver general category management reporting on business performance
- Long range planning and review meeting with customer decision makers
- Provide regular insight and recommendations to support category initiatives
- Supplier relationship. Ownership of performance management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA¿s and KPI¿s for suppliers and measure appropriate criteria such as cost reduction, quality, and response time and on time delivery
- Responsible for project coordination with stakeholders and project updates
- Communicate, manage and drive compliance to category strategies
- Responsible for negotiating, awarding and executing assigned category contracts.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Position will be measured on contribution to the individual category in new concepts, procedures and price points. Products and price points that resonate with the target customer will be key. Category spend $20-60million
- 8 + years related procurement experience or specialized technical experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required in related
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and priorities.
- Negotiation and analytical skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers and all levels of staff and management, both shipboard and shoreside.
Up to 25% domestic and international travel as necessary.