Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
The Technical Business System Analyst’s role is to serve as the liaison who integrates input from the customer, account and solution team, and program/product managers into software/tools/procedures/solutions requirements agile artifacts design & delivery rapidly.
- Manage client and internal Tools, Procedures and Solutions (TPS) expectations.
- Own the TPS requirements throughout the life of the project.
- Gain the product knowledge required for successful client communication and requirements implementation
- Maintain the knowledge base of customer business work-flows as well as the design & implementation work-flows of APD Portfolio Products to maintain the TPS road-map.
- Run agile requirements gathering workshops (functional, non-functional, data, and wire-framing)
- Be accountable and responsible for the requirements through implementation, internal testing and client UAT and Production.
Analyzes complex business and customer technical support problems to be solved with automated tools, procedures, solutions and systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing tools and procedures that are cost effective, meet user requirements at a DevOps speed. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues. May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
This Technical Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for eliciting and documenting functional requirements use cases, user stories and maintaining a requirements traceability matrix using a variety of techniques such as interviews, document analysis, solution requirement workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, decision requirements analysis and work-flow analysis.
- Contribute on multiple on-site delivery projects for multiple products and clients with substantial scope with significant client interaction
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements, if applicable
- Represent requirements using alternative views such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate
- Demonstrate leadership abilities that drive people toward achievement of WorkCenter Tool, Procedures and Solutions (WC TPS) goals
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the solution specifications
- Work independently with end-users and under direction of project managers to ensure timely completion of milestone dependencies
- Participate in project planning and estimating
- Responsible for WC TPS development, testing and requirements traceability through project lifecycle
The above outlines the principal work and responsibilities in the job and does not specify each and every task that might be performed.
- Prior technical business systems analysis experience (3+ years).
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Use of rapid tools and software development methodologies and frameworks such as scriptinglanguages, Python, Node.js, Angular, Front and Backend builders, SQL and NoSQL
- Ability to bring flexibility and thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing/changing priorities
- Highly logical thinker who can work in a team and cross functional environment
- Design and implement high-volume, low-latency, distributed processing layers, making thoughtful tradeoffs between complexity vs usability
- Write web application logic and design layouts to rapidly build new capabilities for numerous customers
- Be part of a cross-functional matrix team, with a ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- 3 to 10years ofexperiencein the following:
- C#/Java programming
- NET/ MVC
- Experience with database design, ORMs, migrations, including relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with REST API design principles
- Experience with distributed systems and cloud computing
- Experience with AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with user interface and user experience development
- Experience in systems, including hands-on knowledge with firmware deployment on target and debugging
- Superior written communication required
- Experience in Agile methodology preferred
- Prior experience working with Enterprise Architect UML modeling tool, SQL, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), API management and governance a plus
Job ID 17-7778