Burns & McDonnell’s Business & Technology Solution’s Global Practice is seeking an experienced Technical Business Development Manager to focus on North America clients. The Technical Business Development Manager will work with the Burns & McDonnell Enterprise Integration Team offering a variety of services to our clients. The selected candidate will join The Enterprise System Integration Business Line, which is focused on providing Enterprise Integration Services and Data Strategies delivering high value to our clients through a variety of leading technologies and practice disciplines. The Technical Business Development Manager shall possess strong entrepreneur, communication and negotiation skills that focus on building sustainable client relationships. They must have strong leadership and collaboration capabilities, excellent communication skills, be focused on continuous improvement and Integration innovation, and have a strong attention to detail while delivering high quality work to our clients.
This position will lead and execute a variety of Enterprise Middleware sales opportunities. This position will lead sales efforts to identify and deliver Data Strategies, Data Roadmaps and or Integration /Middleware Solutions to our clients with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, industry best practices, and continuous improvement.
- Identifying, prospecting and developing new client accounts throughout North America.
- Delivering sales presentations to prospects, negotiating contracts and closing new business opportunities.
- Working closely with the pre-sales technical support team and performing assessments to determine customer requirements.
- Ultimately, the sales executive is responsible for selling our solutions and ensuring the highest level of support to our customer base, while achieving revenue targets.
- Coordinate closely with Marketing and Client Services Teams to drive and effective sales process that delivers results.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 10 years of software sales experience selling into enterprise accounts.
- Strong business development, technical presentation skills, and the ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals are required.
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Candidates must possess strong business development skills, and the ability to manage complex enterprise sales cycles.
- Candidates should be able to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals.
- Candidates must have good organizational skills, prospecting and follow-up skills.
- Candidates must be very computer literate and internet savvy with a good understanding of Middleware/Infrastructure and cloud or similar technology.
- Candidates must also be able to show a strong track record of consistently over-achieving multimillion dollar quotas in the vertical.
- Required qualities are creative, self-motivated, problem solver, who can work with little direction in a start-up like environment.
- Must be willing to travel and possess the ability to work remotely and independently.
- This is a senior role with ability to develop and maintain relationships at the CXO level.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with various LOBs within the organization.
- Experience with operational systems in Electric Transmission/Distribution/Generation/Telecom(SCADA, ADMS), Municipal Government, Federal Government, Airport and Facilities industries is preferred.