Description: The Financial Consultant III / Financial Information Analyst III conducts financial analyses and provides consulting services in support of the organization's care delivery operations. Develops regional and departmental budgets and forecasts, analyzes variances and trends, communicates findings to organizational leaders, and drives financial performance. Performs ad-hoc projects of significant scope and complexity utilizing knowledge of finance theories such as present value and cash flow analysis. Identifies and recommends process improvements.
- Prepares financialreports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data.
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts' variance analysis process as defined.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets and forecasts.
- May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews.
- Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
- Business Impact: Responsibilities impact the achievement of key department and/or functional objectives. Contributes to the achievement of department objectives. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve department objectives would normally affect expenditures and resources. Decision Making: Involves interpreting and analyzing established concepts. Exercises judgment to make decisions for less defined issues and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Requires moderately complex decisionmaking. Problem Solving: Develops solutions to complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Requires significant analysis to develop solutions for complex problems. Interactions/Communications: Provides professional/technical guidance to team members. Influences others regarding existing concepts, processes and/or methodology. Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills. Independence/Discretion: Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Works under limited direction. Plans/schedules job activities to work toward accomplishing set objectives. Work is reviewed by management at key intervals for advice and guidance prior to completion.
- Report analyst duties, e.g. design and develop automated actionable reports to inform managers in a timly fashion.
- Data analyst duties, e.g. assists in the research, analysis, and remediation of moderately complex data issues that directly impacts reporting and analysis.
- Business systems analyst duties, e.g., help define business rules applicable to the development and/or use of the application.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum five (5)years of financial analysisexperience.
- Bachelor's degree in a finance related field OR a minimum four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Broad application of financial analysis principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
- Full knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Health care/insurance experience, preferred.
- Advance degree OR certification in an analytical discipline, preferred.
- Extensive use MS Office products, preferred.
- Use of Data Query tools, preferred.
- Project management skills, preferred.
Job Number: 621094