- Independently resolve complex problems and build end to end solutions on SimCorp to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business (Asset Management). This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables (MVPs) until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning and scheduling tasks, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, defining user procedures and workflows, developing implementation strategies, providing user documentation and user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Provide business support to all units Globally, including new and existing financial products and investment strategies and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the product (SimCorp) and the business line’s strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
SimCorp Dimension (SCD)
- Highly skilled in making configuration/code changes on SCD (v6.2 and above) to meet business requirements
- Developing DEX, DFS, extracts, reports on SimCorp
- Expertise on looking at SimCorp Dimension batch jobs and groups and identifying areas of improvements in overnight processes
- Sound understanding of applications landscape in Asset Management (CRIMS, SCD, Pricing (Bloomberg), Settlement, file transfers, etc.)
- Highly skilled at business analysis and problem solving, Root Cause Analysis
- Is a true team player who values the perspectives and opinions of others whie leading with humility and confidence
- Takes accountability for results and exhibits a “can do attitude”
- Able to work in a flattened team, using reason and persuasion rather than authority to drive effectiveness
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, motivation, and social skills)
- Has an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, to tackle difficult problems and seek/give constant constructive feedback
- Embraces change and sees it as an essential driver to solve complex issues
- Demonstrates flexibility and is able to move forward without having all of the answers
- Consistently seeks to understand, meet and deliver on customers’ expectations as defined by the prioritized product backlog
- Thorough knowledge of software technologies and of the various iterative/adaptive Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects; adapts precedent and may make significant departures from traditional approaches to develop solutions
- Advanced to Intermediate level of understanding of agile principles and practices, service-oriented environments, and iterative development practices and risk management
- Advanced to Intermediate understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics including backlog tracking, burn down metrics, acceptance criteria, velocity, and task definition
- 7 – 10+ years of practical IT experience in the relevant projects/lines of business is highly desirable (Asset & Investment Management, Capital Markets, Investment Accounting, Securities trading, Portfolio Management, etc.)
- The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
- The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- Project Management experience with a strong understanding of agile project management principles and practices is an asset
- The incumbent must have advanced knowledge of financial instruments, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements
- The incumbent must be adept at understanding Front Office processes (trading, order management, risk, compliance, performance) and the end-to-end workflows and integration with Middle and Back Offices in one or more financial asset classes (e.g. fixed income, foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field