The Schwab Process Optimization Team (SPOT) is a team of highly skilled individuals whose focus is on the continuous improvement of our operational processes, application functionality and client experience. This Technical Business Analyst is responsible for helping the business understand the problems they are facing and to develop technical and non-technical solutions. This work begins with defining, analyzing and documenting requirements that will result in short and long term solutions using efficiency methodologies and automation. This role will work with several Product Owners across multiple platforms and products as necessary (i.e. SRT, SRC, Macros, Pega, STAR, Salesforce, PCRA, etc.). The team uses the Agile methodology for sizing and development within each platform.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated solutions.
- Identify and document the current- and future-state business processes.
- Facilitate business requirement drafting sessions amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Help the business stakeholders envision the new enhanced workflow and the changes necessary to support the future process/tooling.
- Work with Product Owners to develop specific and relevant User Stories.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitate design sessions with the implementation team to identify improvement opportunities (people/process/tool) and define the solution.
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Assist senior specialist with macros and other UDT type requests.
- Participate in Agile Scrum environment.
- Train and support users on new improved process and/or tooling being implemented.
- Create operational efficiency within existing processes and work streams.
- Collaborate with team members and support each other with assigned projects and manage joint deliverables.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with clients and partner withinternal associates as well as key contacts at contra brokerage firms.
- Perform impact analysis for proposed changes and efforts of all sizes.
- Drive process improvement based on lessons learned and data analysis.
- Act as a “voice of the business” when working with IT and across the full system domain, and serve as a liaison for the business.
What you have:
- Must be detail oriented, with strong analytic, research and communication skills.
- Must possess advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Critical thinker striving to change the business process environment.
- Prior experience or basic understanding of MS Access, Relational Database Mgmt., SQL and/or VBA.
- Solid understanding of the Agile and SDLC methodology.
- 3+year’s business analyst or process engineeringexperience.
- Experience creating process artifacts, such as (but not limited to): business cases, process maps, use cases, user stories, requirements documents, test plans, and quality matrices.
- Helped the business articulate business / functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; high quality of work that adheres to all standards, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Candidates must be able to partner and collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Excel in prioritizing daily functions and dealing with multiple deadlines and high volumes of work.
- Retirement business financial services experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with any of these applications are a plus: STAR, Pega, SRC, SRT, Confluence, Jira, Salesforce.
- College degree.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life