Role: Technical Business Analyst
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12+ Months
· Sr. Technical Writer & Business Analyst with 7-10 years of recent experience preferably in the Health Care Industry
· The business technical analyst will be a part of the Program Management Business Readiness team responsible for the creation of release notes, data dictionaries, data models, physical/logical architecture and data flow diagrams, processes, desk levels, user guides, playbooks, training artifacts and other business artifacts as identified by leadership.
· He will be required to conduct self-auditing quality checks to ensure documentation deliverables entail the amount of details required by the business partner and content should be proofread for proper use of grammar, punctuation and conformance with Business Readiness and current industry standard style guidelines.
· Though the position is not an IT position, He will need to have an extensive working knowledge of various IT environments e.g. Enterprise Data Warehouses, multiple data sources, SQL and various health care systems. His primary focus will be the ability to marry the IT knowledge with the various changes to our product and the impact they will have on our current processes in the operational environment. He should be able to clearly, cleanly and concisely articulate the impacts through the development and delivery of various technical and non-technical artifacts for internal and external audiences.
The business technical analyst role requires the following skills:
· Demonstrated expertise in writing and analyzing complex SQL queries is required
· Understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse concepts and prior experience applying that understanding to query data in a Very Large Database (VLDB) environment
· Knowledge of data modeling concepts both in a multi-layer data warehouse and data mart
· Knowledge of SQL/Informatica, ability to read / analyze existing code to use for the development of technical documentation
· Must demonstrate a self-starting mindset and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while concurrently flourishing in a team-oriented environment. Resource must be an excellent team player and should be able to work closely with multiple team members within a basket weave organization
· Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation. Strong listening skills to capture multiple requests and update documentation to reflect items discussed
· Very high level of organizational, time management, and business skills in order to handle high volume of documents in a fast paced and ever changing environment
· Experience multi-tasking and takes ownership and responsibility for multiple projects and deadlines. Must be able to actively prioritize deadlines or competing tasks with minimal direction
· Comfortable engaging with multiple stakeholders on single or multiple projects
· Must be able to extrapolate content for documentation from requirements documents, story cards, meetings and business partner discussion.
· Identifies and responds positively to feedback and input from customers, both internal and external.
· Should be comfortable in Agile and Waterfall Environments
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles
· Ability to work with multiple areas within organization to get business objectives and data requirements
· Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
Top 4 Required Skills:
· Expertise level experience with creation of release notes, data dictionaries, data models, physical/logical architecture and data flow diagrams, processes, desk levels, user guides, playbooks, training artifacts and other business artifacts as identified by leadership
· Expert level experience using a variety of tools including but not limited to a MS Office Environment: Word, Visio, Excel, Word, Project, Power Point and SharePoint.
· Must demonstrate high level of organizational, time management, a self-starting mindset and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while concurrently flourishing in a highly team oriented environment. Resource must be an excellent team player and should be able to work closely with multiple team members within a basket weave organization
· Strong knowledge, working experience, documentation and conceptual knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse environments with numerous data sources
· BTA/BA degree in Healthcare Field, English, Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Communications, or related Healthcare field
· 7-10 years of experience in the documentation field, preferably in healthcare
· Should be able to provide samples of prior documentation deliverables to showcase in any scheduled interviews
· 7-10 years’ experience in the analysis and creation of various types of documents: release notes, data dictionaries, data models, physical/logical architecture and data flow diagrams, target source mapping, processes, desk levels, user guides, playbooks, training artifacts