Technical Business Analyst - Corporate Systems
By joining our team as a technical business analyst you will have the opportunity to act as a liaison between our various corporate lines of business and the providers of technology services to the firm as a whole. You will gain exposure to both proprietary and third party applications as you work on projects that span the software development life cycle including problem and business analysis, vendor evaluation and selection, and understanding how applications interact in our expansive technical environment. In addition, your role will entail report analysis and delivery, the coordination of application testing and integration and the ongoing evolution of these applications.
Some of the lines of business with which you will be collaborating include IT, Private Equity, Market Data, Accounting, and Procurement. Your role within these teams will be to build a deep understanding of our business as well as the applications being utilized. As you collaborate with these teams, you will learn both the high level goals as well as the specific needs of the business stakeholders with whom you are working to translate them into project work streams and coordinate with other technical teams to recommend, implement and support solutions to meet those needs.
In this role, you will:
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders using techniques such as interviews, design sessions, surveys and/or other techniques as needed; create functional specification documents
- Partner with business stakeholders and project teams to translate business requirements into creative and practical solutions; act as a liaison between corporate business stakeholders and the corporate applications and otherinternal technology teams
- Define and manage data interfaces with third party vendors and internal systems
- Support application and/or OS customizations, configurations (code setups), upgrades, deployments, issue escalation, functionality expertise as well as general user questions/training
- Analyze, cleanse, transform, manage and validate data; undertake data ownership/management in systems to facilitate data integrity
- Supporttroubleshooting of system and process issues
- Create ad-hoc SQL reports and queries for end-users
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors degreerequired
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience providing application implementation and project management services to end users and/or supporting projects within a fast paced help-desk environment required
- Strong SQL skills required
- Previous experienceworking with data integration and/or vendor feeds required
- Knowledge of SDLC models required
- Strong understanding of Relational Database Concepts , preferably Microsoft SQL Server, required
- Experience with SSIS, DTS, Informatica or other integration enabling tools a plus
- Experience with Crystal Reports, QlikView or Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services a plus
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.