The Technical Business Analyst Advisory will provide operational support to Scotiabank’s GWRT – Data Management and will be involved in various ongoing data governance projects.
This group operates the Consolidated Transaction Repository (CTR) application – a Credit Risk data warehouse which consolidates Credit Risk data feeds from all the Scotiabank Capital Markets’ applications.
The primary function of the Technical Business Analyst Advisory will be to act as a single point of contact to our clients for the purpose of managing their incident and service event needs. Further, the Business Analyst will also produce support documents as well as support activities for various ongoing projects, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and the other team members working on an incident or service events.
- Periodically report status to the client particularly at escalation and resolution points and ensures that the client is satisfied with the implemented resolution.
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of incident and/or service request.
- Deliver event solutions using available tools and defined support services procedures.
- Documents the solution thoroughly.
- Develop reports and tactical dashboards for stakeholders.
- Retains ownership of incidents and service request that have been escalated to other teams.
- Develop documentation to describe new functionality, testing, and remediation.
- Identify differences between established standards and user applications and suggests enhancements to conform to standards
- Availability to work outside business hours on a regular basis. Overtime hours will be paid
- SQL/Oracle experience.- must
- At least 5 - 7 years of practical experience in a financial industry IT support role.
- Capital markets- nice to have
- Operations experience – nice to have
- Unix experience
- Tidal experience is a plus
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
Requisition ID: 14494