ENSCO is seeking an innovative, creative, and highly motivated individual to support the U.S. Space Force, Space Systems Command’s MILSATCOM Program through the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract. This position, located in El Segundo, CA, will support a diverse set of strategic and tactical MILSATCOM systems and infrastructure in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment.
Duties will include:
- Directly support the MILSATCOM Enterprise Requirements/Technical Baseline Lead.
- Manage the activities associated with development and flow-down of requirements for Space, Command and Control (C2) and Gateway terminals
- Assist in the development and flow-down of requirements for a large space based processed communications system
- Work with configuration management and technical SMEs/book bosses in developing and tracking Change Proposals
- Review proposed hardware/software implementations that would satisfy program requirements and providing feedback to the customer
- Assist and review models and analysis in support of development and flow-down of requirements
- Assess proposed baseline changes for impacts to requirements and verification.
- Support the customer with verification tracking to ensure the developer and source requirements are adequately verified
- Ensure effective requirements integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise Integrate activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment
- Interact with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the Enterprise
- Develop acquisition and technical requirements-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SSC decision making.
- Collaborate with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- BS degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, or network and telecommunications
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and tools used to support requirements development and traceability
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills associated with engineering discipline
- Demonstrated organizational capability with ability to handle competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations and options to customers, senior leaders, and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Capable in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- 10+ years’ experience in systems engineering, integration, and/or test
- 3+ years’ experience in the area of satellite communications
- 1+ years’ experience in a role requiring coordination with stakeholders and customers for requirement development
- AN ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Professional certifications, such as INCOSE CSEP, ESEP, ASEP or PMP
- MBSE certifications such as OCSMP
- Agile, Scrum master certification
- Experience in satellite and/or ground systems development
- Experience in satellite hardware/software development
- Top Secret clearance
Internal Position Title
Senior Staff Systems Engineer
Background Check Type
7 year Pre-employment
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Contract Award Contingency
130,509.10 - 175,000.00
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.